An Aadhaar card is a unique identification number issued to each and every citizen of the country. It is one of the most important documents to be submitted for a major number of purposes.
- How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online
- How to Download Certificate for Aadhaar Enrolment
- How to Change Photo on Aadhaar Card
- How to Update Name in an Aadhaar Card
- How to Download Aadhaar Card
- What is Masked Aadhaar Card How to Download it
- How to do Aadhaar Verification Online
- How to do Aadhaar Card Update
- How to Apply for PAN Card through an Aadhaar Card
- How to Apply for an Aadhaar Card without Documents
- How to Book an Aadhaar Card Online Appointment
- What is Baal Aadhaar Card How to Apply for it
- Documents for Baal Aadhaar Admit Card
- How to Check Aadhaar Card Status
- How to Check Aadhaar Complaint Status
- How to Check Aadhaar Address Update Status
- How to Change Address in Aadhaar
- Documents Required for Address Update in Aadhaar Card
- How to Check PAN Aadhaar Linking Status in a Few Easy Steps
- How to Check Aadhaar Linking Status with Bank Online and Offline
- Aadhaar Enabled Payment System
- Aadhaar PVC Card or Smart Card What is the Difference
- Aadhaar Card Features How they Make Aadhaar Unique and Important
- How to Check Aadhaar Authentication History Online
- How to Download the Aadhaar Update form in few Simple Steps
- How to Generate Aadhaar Virtual ID in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Lodge Complaint Against Aadhaar
- How to Prevent the Misuse of Aadhaar Card
- How to Register Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
- What is the Easiest Way to Verify an Aadhaar Card Mobile Number
- MAadhaar Mobile Application How to use it Responsibly
- How to Link an Aadhaar Card and a Voter ID Card
- What are UIDAI Services
- What is an e-aadhaar Password
- What is KYC? Why it is Important
Aadhaar card works as a proof of identity and hence, is mandatory for Indian citizens to have one. Anyone who fails to submit an Aadhaar card or does not carry it can restrict him/her for several activities.
Let us understand more about the Aadhaar card in the blog below!
What is an Aadhaar Card?
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). This one-of-a-kind number is generated by combining a person’s biometric details, such as fingerprints and iris scans, with demographic information, such as address and date of birth.
- The Aadhaar card number is one-of-a-kind, which eliminates duplication and fake identification
- It can be used to access a variety of government-run welfare schemes and programmes
- Aadhaar card prompts transparency
|Aadhaar Issuing Authority||Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)|
|Inception of Aadhaar Card||2010|
|Aadhaar Card Validity||Lifetime|
|Total Number of Enrolment Centres||More than 30,000|
|Total Number of Enrolment (approx)||Over 125 crore|
|Aadhaar Card Customer Care Number||1947|
Who is Eligible for an Aadhaar Card?
Following people are eligible for an Aadhaar card-
- Indian citizens
- NRIs and foreigners who have been staying in India for over 12 months
- Baal Aadhaar card is meant for children below the age of 5 years
What are the Documents Required for an Aadhaar Card?
To apply for an Aadhaar card, an applicant must submit the following documents:
|Proof of Address||Proof of Identity|
|Voter ID Card||PAN Card|
|Ration Card or PDS Photo Card||–|
Other than these documents, biometric information is also mandatory to be submitted-
- Iris scan
“Read also- How to apply for an Aadhaar card without documents“
How to Enrol for an Aadhaar Card?
To enrol for an Aadhaar Card, an applicant must follow the instructions provided.
- Locate the Aadhaar enrollment centre or Aadhaar Seva Kendra on the UIDAI website
- Fill the Aadhaar card form and submit all the supporting documents to the concerned officials
- Provide biometric information
- Collect the acknowledgement slip after the process
- You will be notified of your Aadhaar card enrolment process on your registered mobile number and email address
- Aadhaar card will be delivered to your mentioned address
How to Enrol for a BAAL Aadhaar Card?
Baal Aadhaar Card is issued to children below the age of 5 years. It is blue in colour and does not require a child’s biometrics. Following are the instructions to follow to enrol for a Baal Aadhaar card-
- Visit the official UIDAI website to locate the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar application form with all of the necessary information
- A child’s photograph will be required, however, there is no need to submit the child’s biometrics
- Submit all relevant documents, such as the child’s birth certificate. It is necessary to submit one of the parents’ Aadhaar numbers for authentication
- Collect the acknowledgement slip after submitting your documents
- A verification message will be sent to the parent’s registered mobile number
- The Baal Aadhaar card will be mailed to the specified address
A child below 5 years gets a blue colour #BaalAadhaar. Biometric update is mandatory at the age of 5 yrs.
Take your child to a nearby Aadhaar Kendra for #MandatoryBiometricUpdate. To locate #AadhaarEnrolment Centre, click here: https://t.co/oCJ66DD0fK pic.twitter.com/eehCUwjAVz
— Aadhaar (@UIDAI) July 23, 2021
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status?
Following are the steps to check the Aadhaar card status–
- Log in to the official UIDAI website
- Click on ‘Check Aadhaar Status’ under ‘My Aadhaar’ section
- Enter ‘Enrolment number’ and ‘time of enrolment’
- Enter ‘captcha’ verification code and click on ‘Check Status’
How to Download an Aadhaar Card?
An applicant can download the Aadhaar card in case he/she hasnâ€™t received the physical copy of it. Following are the steps to download the Aadhaar card-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘Download AADHAR’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Upon clicking the download button, you will be redirected to a new page with three options to choose from
- Enter your Aadhaar number, enrolment ID or virtual ID
- Enter captcha code
- Click on ‘Send OTP’ or enter ‘TOTP’ to download your Aadhaar card
How to Verify the Aadhaar card?
Follow the given instructions to verify the Aadhaar card–
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to ‘Aadhaar services’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Click on ‘Verify an Aadhaar number’
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar number and enter captcha code
- Click on ‘Proceed to Verify’
How to Update/Edit the Aadhaar Card?
There are generally two reasons to update/edit Aadhaar card-
- Change in demographic information like name, date of birth, gender, address, etc.
- Biometric Aadhaar data
A user can update or edit their AADHAR card online or by visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre. The steps for updating/editing your Aadhaar card online are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Locate ‘Update Your Aadhaar’ under the section ‘My Aadhaar’
- Click on ‘Update Demographic Data Online’ (if you would like to make a change in name, date of birth, gender etc)
- Click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’
- Enter 12 digit Aadhaar number, enter the captcha and click on ‘send OTP’
- You will receive an OTP to your registered mobile number
- Follow the instructions afterwards to update/edit your Aadhaar
Things to Remember when Updating the Aadhaar
When updating the Aadhaar form online or offline, it is critical to pay close attention to every detail. The following are some things to keep in mind when filling out the Aadhaar form:
- Fill the Aadhaar application form in capital letters
- Do not use salutations such as Mr., Mrs., or Miss before the name
- Mention the mobile number that is currently in use
- Include all relevant and up-to-date information
- Add all the relevant documents. Do not submit expired documents. It may result in the rejection of your application
- Fill in the complete address where your Aadhaar card will be delivered
- Fill out the Aadhaar application form in either English or your native language
- How to Apply for Learners Licence in India
- Driving License – Check Eligibility, Documents & How to Apply for it
Is it true that TIN is also called a VAT number?
Yes, a TIN number is also called a VAT number when used for intra-state transactions.
How to check my Aadhaar card status?
Log in to the official website of UIDAI to check your Aadhaar card status.
How long does it take to update information in Aadhaar?
It takes 90 days to update the information. A confirmation message is sent to the user after a successful registration.
For how long does the Aadhaar card remain valid?
An Aadhaar card remains valid for a lifetime.
Can a foreign national apply for an Aadhaar Card?
Yes, a foreign national can apply for an Aadhaar card if he/she has resided in India for more than 182 days or 12 months.
Is it mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar for income tax purposes?
Yes, it is mandatory to link PAN with Aadhaar for income tax purposes. The last day to link PAN with Aadhaar is 31st March 2023; post that, a penalty has to be paid by the user.
What is the password of e-Aadhaar?
It is the first 4 letters of the name and year of birth (YYYY).