UIDAI has added a service to let users update their demographic data online on its official website. Using this service, an applicant can fill out the Aadhaar address update in minutes.
This blog will walk you through the entire process of changing your address in Aadhaar online in minutes.
How to Update Address in Aadhaar Online?
All an applicant needs to do is follow the steps outlined below.
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’, navigate to ‘Update your Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Update Demographics Data Online’
- Click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’
- Upon clicking, a new page will appear, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code
- Click on ‘Send OTP’, enter the password (Password remains valid for 10 min only)
- Click on ‘Login’ and proceed with ‘Update Demographics Data’
- Select Address and then click on ‘Proceed’
- Read the terms and conditions page carefully before proceeding further
- Fill the form, upload the required documents, preview the form, and submit it
- Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated against the request
URN can be used to check the status of the Aadhaar Address update.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status Update?
After submitting the form for Aadhaar address update, an applicant can check the status of an Aadhaar card on the UIDAI website. Here’s how to check Aadhaar status update in a few simple steps:
- Visit UIDAI official website
- Locate ‘My Aadhaar’, click on ‘Update your Aadhaar’ and click on ‘Check Online Demographics Update Status’
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and captcha code
- Enter OTP to check Aadhaar status update
Can I update my address online?
Yes, you can update your address online by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
What other changes can I make through the UIDAI website?
An applicant can update language, gender, address, email, name, date of birth and mobile number through the official website of UIDAI.
Do I need to pay to update my demographic details?
Yes, you need to pay an amount for updating your demographic details.
Can I check my Aadhaar update status online?
Yes, you can check your Aadhaar update status online by visiting UIDAI official website.
Can I submit my Aadhaar biometrics online?
No, you need to visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre to submit your Aadhaar biometrics.