The Government of India has launched an official UIDAI website and an Aadhaar application, allowing users to make changes to their Aadhaar online, track their status, and verify their information. However, in order to use a website or an application, the mobile number must be registered on Aadhaar during the Aadhaar enrolment process
It is important to register the mobile number with the Aadhaar card because the generated OTP is sent to the registered mobile number for authentication. If a person does not register his or her mobile number, he or she will be unable to use a large number of online Aadhaar services.
In this blog, we will walk you through the process of updating and registering a mobile number on your Aadhaar card.
How to Register Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card?
You can add or register your mobile number in your Aadhaar card by following the steps below:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Go to ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Locate an Enrolment Center.’
- Upon clicking, three options will appear- State, Postal Code and Search Box
- To find your nearest enrolment centre, click on any of the options and fill out the form
- Go to a nearby official Aadhaar enrollment centre
- Fill in the form there
- Mention your phone number in it and submit it to the concerned person
- Provide your biometric information to authenticate the information
- Verify all of your information and pay a fee of Rs. 50 to have your mobile number updated
- Collect your acknowledgement slip to track your Aadhaar information
How to Update a Mobile Number on an Aadhaar Card?
If your registered mobile number is no longer valid or has recently changed, you can update it on your Aadhaar card. To update it, you must go to an official Aadhaar enrolment centre.
To find the nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre, follow the given instructions-
- Visit UIDAI official website
- Locate ‘My Aadhaar’ and then click ‘Locate an Enrolment Center.
- The following screen will show three options- State, Postal Code and Search Box
- Click on any of the options, fill out the form in the appropriate column, and find your nearest Aadhaar enrolment centre
Things to be noted-
- One can change as many numbers as they want; however, each time a mobile number is updated, a fee must be paid
- The mobile number associated with the Aadhaar card keeps the user up to date on all Aadhaar card-related information
- An OTP is sent to the user’s registered mobile number to download an e-Aadhaar card
- There are no additional documents required to update the mobile number
How to change mobile number without OTP?
You need to visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre to change your mobile number without entering the OTP.
What is the fee to change demographics in the Aadhaar card?
A user must pay a fee of Rs. 50 to change demographic or biometric information on their Aadhaar card.
Is it possible to link a mobile number online to an Aadhaar card?
It is compulsory to visit the official Aadhaar card centre to register a mobile number.
What to do if I have lost my Aadhaar registered mobile number?
You need to visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre to link your new mobile number with your Aadhaar card.