After the successful Aadhaar enrolment, a user can download or print a digital version of it. An e-Aadhaar password protects the digital version of the Aadhaar card. This password must be entered in order to open the e-Aadhaar PDF file.
In this blog, we will go over everything there is to know about an e-Aadhaar password and how to use it.
What is an e-Aadhaar?
e-Aadhaar is a digital version of an Aadhaar card. It is digitally signed by the UIDAI as per the provision written under Information Technology Act 2000. According to the act, an e-Aadhaar with a digital signature can be used in place of a physical Aadhaar card. It should be noted that an e-Aadhaar card is not a replacement for a physical Aadhaar card, as it functions similarly to the latter.Â
- An e-Aadhaar card is a legal document and it is treated the same as a physical version of it
- It works as a proof of identity
- e-Aadhaar can be obtained by visiting the UIDAI’s official website, the Aadhaar app, the DigiLocker app, or the UMANG app
- An e-Aadhaar card contains the same information as a physical Aadhaar card, such as name, gender, photo, date of birth, and a 12-digit unique identification number
How to Open an e-Aadhaar Card?
Following are the two ways to open an e-Aadhaar card-
- Enter the PIN number of the postal address
- Enter the e-Aadhaar password
What is an e-Aadhaar Password?
An e-Aadhaar password is a layer of security built into the digital e-Aadhaar. The user must enter it before downloading the e-Aadhaar PDF file. The e-Aadhaar password is a combination of the user’s first four letters and the year of birth.
For example- Suppose, the userâ€™s name is Mukund and his date of birth is 20th November 1994. This user’s password will be MUKU1994.
What is the Need for an e-Aadhaar Password?
e-Aadhaar is required if-
- If a person has misplaced the original Aadhaar card
- If the Aadhaar card is accidentally destroyed
- It can be used instead of a physical copy of an Aadhaar card
A PDF file is generated when an e-Aadhaar card is downloaded from the UIDAI website. To obtain a printout, the e-Aadhaar password must be entered in order to open the PDF file. This password is made up of the first four letters of the user’s name and the year of birth. It adds an extra layer of security to an e-Aadhaar card, making it secure and digitally safe.
Why is an e-Aadhaar Card Protected with a Password?
An Aadhaar card contains the user’s sensitive and personal details. It can be downloaded online without much effort. As a result, it is protected with a password that must be entered each time a user accesses the file to ensure that no personal information is compromised.
Read More: What is an Aadhaar Card- Know Eligibility Criteria, Documents and more
How to Use an e-Aadhaar Password?
e-Aadhaar is presented in a password-protected PDF format. To access it, a user must follow the steps outlined below:
- Double-click the e-Aadhaar PDF file to open it
- Upon opening, enter the e-Aadhaar password
- To obtain your e-Aadhaar, enter the first four letters of your name and your date of birth
What is the password to open my e-Aadhaar PDF?
Enter the first four letters of your name and your birth year to access the e-Aadhaar PDF. For example- The user’s name is Aashit and his birth year is 1993. Hence, the password will be AASH1993.
Can I use an e-Aadhaar to open my bank account?
e-Aadhaar works similar to a physical Aadhaar card and is accepted wherever it is required.
What is the last date to link Aadhaar with PAN?
The last date to link Aadhaar with PAN is 31st March 2023.
Where can I check my Aadhaar card status?
Visit the official website of UIDAI, navigate to ‘check Aadhaar status’, enter your enrolment number and captcha to check your Aadhaar card status.