The Indian government has made it simple for users to apply for an Aadhaar card digitally, as well as file an online complaint against it.
This blog will walk you through the process of filing a complaint against the Aadhaar card.
How to Lodge a Complaint Against Aadhaar Online?
A user can lodge a complaint against Aadhaar by following the given steps-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to ‘Contact & Support’ and click on ‘File a complaint’
- Enter 14-digit Enrolment ID, name, mobile number, email address, PIN number, postal address
- Select type of complaint and category
- Write your concern and enter captcha code
- Click on ‘Submit’
How to Lodge a Complaint Against Aadhaar Card through the Contact Centre?
Another option for filing a complaint about the Aadhaar card is to contact the Aadhaar centre. The steps to do the same are as follows:
- Visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Collect the acknowledgement slip that contains the enrolment ID
- To file a complaint about the Aadhaar card, contact the UIDAI contact centre by dialling the toll-free number 1947
How to Lodge a Complaint Against an Aadhaar Card through Email?
UIDAI has introduced an email address to resolve user issues, complaints, grievances, and complaints regarding the Aadhaar card. The official email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a complaint is received, it is forwarded to the concerned Regional Office/Concerned Section at Headquarters. The concerned R.O/Section at H.Q then responds to the email with the intimation of the grievance cell.
How to Lodge a Complaint Against an Aadhaar Card through Post?
A hard copy or post can be used to file a complaint against an Aadhaar card. The complaints are received directly by the UIDAI headquarters and Regional Officers and are then investigated. After the Deputy Director has approved the complaints, they are forwarded to the concerned ROs/Concerned Section at the Headquarters. The concerned ROs/Concerned Section responds to the complaint after informing the grievance cell.
Do I need to submit my Aadhaar card number to lodge a complaint against the Aadhaar card?
You need to submit your Enrolment ID to lodge a complaint against your Aadhaar card.
What is the Aadhaar toll-free number?
The toll-free number to lodge a complaint against an Aadhaar card is 1947.
What are the types of Aadhaar card grievances?
Users can file complaints against-
- Operator & Enrolment Agencies (Enrolment ID is optional)
- Aadhaar not Generated ( Enrolment ID is mandatory)
What is the email address to submit a complaint against Aadhaar?
The email address to submit a complaint against Aadhaar is email@example.com.