The Aadhaar card is a mandatory document issued by the UIDAI to all citizens of the country. It is a document that can be used to prove one’s identity. It is made up of the user’s biometric information, a photograph, and other information.
The majority of the elements in an Aadhaar card can be revised and updated online; however, the photo on the Aadhaar card can only be changed by visiting the official Aadhaar centres. Users can change the photo on their Aadhaar card by following the steps outlined in the blog below.
In addition, the steps to change a photo on an Aadhaar card, as well as other information such as how to download the updated Aadhaar card and other important information, will be shared in this blog. Continue reading the blog to learn how to change the photo on your Aadhaar card.
How to Change a Photo on the Aadhaar Card?
Follow these instructions carefully to change photo in Aadhaar card:
- Download the Aadhaar enrolment form from the UIDAI website and fill in all of the required information
- Then, go to an Aadhaar Sewa Kendra and hand over the Aadhaar enrolment form to an Aadhaar executive
- Submit the biometric information after submitting the Aadhaar enrolment form
- The applicant’s photograph will also be taken by the Aadhaar executive
- The applicant must pay a fee of Rs. 100 to the Aadhaar executive in order to have all of their details updated
- Following the submission of all of these documents, the applicant will receive an acknowledgement slip that includes the URN
- The URN number can be used to track the status of Aadhaar card
- Users can locate the Aadhaar enrolment center online
How to Download the Updated Aadhaar Card Online?
The following are the steps to download the updated Aadhaar card online:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Navigate to the ‘My Aadhaar’ section and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Click on ‘Download Aadhaar’
- Enter the Aadhaar number or enrolment number or virtual ID, enter the security code and click on ‘Send OTP’
- Now enter the OTP which is sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number
- Complete the ‘Take a Quick Survey’ and next click on ‘Verify and Download’ the e-Aadhaar card online
Top Things to Know before Changing Photo in Aadhaar Card
Listed below are a few things to consider before changing the photo on your Aadhaar card:
- There are no documents required to change the photo on your Aadhaar card
- A photo on an Aadhaar card cannot be changed online. Aadhaar executive present at the Aadhaar Sewa Kendra will take the user’s photograph and update the Aadhaar card on the spot.
- It may take up to 90 days to update the information on the Aadhaar card
- The URN number can be used to check the status of an Aadhaar update online
Can I change my Aadhaar card photograph online?
No, the Aadhaar card photograph can be updated by visiting the official Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
What is the fee to change the Aadhaar card photograph?
A fee of Rs. 100 has to be paid by the user to change the Aadhaar card photograph.
How long does it take to update the Aadhar card?
It may take 90 days to update the Aadhaar card.
Where is my nearby Aadhaar Sewa Kendra?
Visit the official website of UIDAI, click on ‘My Aadhaar’, next click on ‘Locate an Enrolment center’ and find the nearby Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.