The applicant’s demographic information and biometric data are used to create the Aadhaar card. Demographic information includes the applicant’s name, gender, address, date of birth, and so on, whereas biometric information includes an iris scan, fingerprint scan, and a photograph. By visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre, the applicant can apply for an Aadhaar card.
In this blog, we will walk you through the process of changing your Aadhaar name online.
How to Update Name in an Aadhaar Card Online?
The following is a step-by-step procedure for changing your Aadhaar name:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Locate ‘My Aadhaar’ click on ‘Update Demographics Data Online’ under the section ‘Update your Aadhaar’
- Click on ‘Proceed to update Aadhaar’
- Next, enter your Aadhaar number and captcha code
- Request for OTP and submit it next in the given space
- Click on ‘Login’ and proceed with ‘Update Demographics Data’
- Choose ‘Name’ and ‘Proceed’
- Ensure to read terms & conditions before proceeding further with Aadhaar name change
- Fill out the form, upload all supporting documents, preview it carefully, and submit it
- Following the submission of the Aadhaar update request, a 14-digit URN will be generated
How to Update Name in an Aadhaar Card Offline?
Apart from updating the name on an Aadhaar card online, a user can also update the name on an Aadhaar card offline by following the instructions below:
- Visit an official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Complete the Aadhaar update form
- Submit the Aadhaar update form, any required documents, and a fee to the Aadhaar executive
- Following submission, the Aadhaar executive will provide the applicant with an acknowledgement number that includes the URN
- The acknowledgement number can be used to track the status of an Aadhaar card
Is it possible to update my Aadhaar card details online?
UIDAI has given the flexibility to its users to update their Aadhaar demographic details online; however, biometric data can only be updated by visiting the official Aadhaar enrolment centre. Connect with your bank to confirm if the account opening process requires other additional documents.
What Aadhaar card details can I update online?
Users can update their demographic details like name, address, date of birth, gender, language, mobile and email online by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
Who can update their Aadhaar card details online?
An Aadhaar card holder can update his/her Aadhaar card demographic details online by visiting the UIDAI website.
How can I track my Aadhaar card status?
Visit the official website of UIDAI to track the check of Aadhaar card status by entering the Aadhaar number/virtual ID or enrolment number.
How many times can I update my Aadhaar card name online?
Only 2 attempts are available to let a user update his/her name on an Aadhaar card online.
Do I need to submit any document to update my Aadhaar card?
There isn’t any requirement to submit documents to update the Aadhaar card; however, connect with the Aadhaar executive to get better clarity over the list of documents to be submitted for the Aadhaar card update.