When an applicant submits a request for an Aadhaar card through the UIDAI website, he or she is sent an OTP to confirm the process. A mobile number must also be provided in order to complete the KYC authentication process enabled by banks, financial institutions, or insurance companies. A registered Aadhaar mobile number is also required to access a variety of Aadhaar-based services online.
This blog will explain how to verify an Aadhaar mobile number in just a few simple steps.
- How to verify an Aadhaar mobile number online
- How to Update/Change a Mobile Number
- Do I need to pay a fee to get my Aadhaar mobile number updated
- Is it mandatory to link my mobile number with my Aadhaar
- Is there any way to prevent misuse of my Aadhaar card
- How can I register my mobile number on my Aadhaar card
A variety of UIDAI services are available to applicants to help them with their Aadhaar-related tasks. One such service provided by UIDAI is the verification of Aadhaar mobile number/email address. An applicant can use this service to determine whether his or her phone number is linked to Aadhaar or not. If the number is not linked, he or she can go to an official Aadhaar enrolment centre to get it linked.
If the Aadhaar verify mobile number is linked with the Aadhaar card, or if an applicant wants to know the status of it, he or she should carefully follow the instructions-
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’, navigate to ‘Aadhaar Services’ and select ‘Verify Email/Mobile Number’
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Fill in the contact details or email ID, enter captcha code and request OTP
- Submit the OTP
- After successful verification, you will receive a message regarding the Aadhaar mobile number verification
If an applicant’s mobile number or email ID does not match the UIDAI records after Aadhaar mobile number verification, he or she can have it updated by visiting an Aadhaar enrolment centre. The applicant must pay a fee to have the number updated or corrected.
- What is mAadhaar Mobile Application and How to Use it
- How to Register & Update Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
Yes, a fee of Rs 50 has to be paid by the user to get his/her Aadhaar mobile number updated.
Yes, a user needs to link his/her mobile number with Aadhaar to avail online Aadhaar services.
A user can prevent the misuse of an Aadhaar card by locking the biometrics, not sharing the Aadhaar details or OTP with anyone, etc.
A user is required to visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre to register a mobile number to an Aadhaar card.