Just as an individual can link his or her PAN card to an Aadhaar card online, the Aadhaar card and voter ID card can also be linked online. The latter service is provided by the government of India via its official portal, NVSP, which allows users to link Aadhaar with a voter ID card by following a few simple steps.
In this blog, we will walk you through the process of linking Aadhaar with a voter ID card in a few simple steps-
The government of India has launched a campaign to link voter ID with an Aadhaar card in order to reduce and eliminate duplicate voter entries. By linking an Aadhaar card to a voter ID card, it becomes impossible to enrol for another or duplicate voter ID card in the first place. The following are the methods for linking a voter ID to an Aadhaar card:
To link Aadhaar card and voter ID card, the user must follow the steps below:
- Visit the official website of NVSP
- Click on ‘Search on Electoral Roll’ and fill the form to search for the details
- Click on search
- Once the user’s details match with the registered information stored in the Election Commission’s database, the user can further check more details related to the voter’s ID card
- Next, locate ‘Feed Aadhaar Number’ and click on it
- Upon clicking on this option, a new window will appear to link the Aadhaar card. Enter the Aadhaar details like Aadhaar number, EPIC number, registered mobile number or registered email ID
- Click on ‘Submit’
- The user will receive a message about the successful submission of the Aadhaar voter card linking request
- Once the details will be verified, the user’s Aadhaar card and voter ID card will be linked
By submitting an application to the respective Booth Level Officer, the user can link an Aadhaar card voter ID card offline (BLO). When the BLO receives the request, it will verify the user’s information in order to link Aadhaar and the Voter ID card.
How to find BLO details?
The NVSP official portal allows users to find BLO details by following the instructions:
- Log in to the official website of NVSP
- Navigate to ‘Know your Assembly/parliamentary details/BLO details and more’
- Click on it and enter an EPIC number to search for details
There is another way to link an Aadhaar card to a voter ID by following the steps outlined below:
- Send an SMS in the given format- ECILINK<SPACE><EPIC Number/Voter ID card number>< SPACE><Aadhaar Number>
- Send it to 166 or 51969
- Make sure to send the SMS from the registered mobile number
Read More: How to Verify an Aadhaar Mobile Number
The next way to link Aadhaar card voter ID can be done through a call. The procedure for linking the voter ID card and Aadhaar card is as follows:
- Dial 1950 between 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays
- The executive from the other side will require the userâ€™s voter ID card number and Aadhaar card number
- Following the submission of the details, the details will be verified before linking the documents
- The user will be notified once both documentsâ€”voter ID and Aadhaar cardâ€”have been successfully linked
Is it mandatory to link an Aadhaar card and voter ID card?
Though it is not mandatory to link an Aadhaar card and voter ID card; however, if done, it can detect fake voters while eliminating any chances to create another voter ID card.
How much do I need to pay to link an Aadhaar voter ID card?
There is no fee levied by NVSP to link an Aadhaar voter ID card.
How can I check my Aadhaar card status?
Visit the official website of UIDAI to check your Aadhaar card status.
What is the last date to link an Aadhaar card to a PAN card?
The last date to link an Aadhaar card to a PAN card is 30th September 2021.
Can I check my BLO details online?
Yes, visit the official website of NVSP to check BLO details online.
What is the deadline to link a Voter ID card and an Aadhaar card?
Currently, there isn’t any deadline provided by the government to link voter ID cards and Aadhaar cards.