Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI. It serves as proof of identity and thus must be carried by every citizen of the country. An Aadhaar card enables a person to take advantage of various government schemes and benefits. It is one of the most authoritative documents, along with PAN. To apply for an Aadhaar card, go to the official Aadhaar enrolment centre with all the necessary documents, such as proof of address, proof of identity, and a fee to pay.
However, there may be times when a person wishes to apply for an Aadhaar card but lacks the necessary documents. In such a case, the applicant can still apply for an Aadhaar card without submitting any documents with the assistance of an introducer.
Let’s look at how to apply for an Aadhaar card without documents with the help of an introducer.
How to Apply for an Aadhaar Card without Documents?
An Aadhaar applicant can apply for an Aadhaar card without submitting any documents with the assistance of an Aadhaar introducer. To apply for an Aadhaar card, he or she must follow the instructions provided.
- Visit the official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- Fill out the Aadhaar enrolment form with all the required details
- Get the Aadhaar introducer to authenticate the form
- Submit the form to the Aadhaar executive once it has been approved by the Aadhaar introducer
- Provide the biometric data as well as a fee (if applicable)
- Collect the acknowledgement slip
- The Aadhaar card will be delivered to the given residential address within 90 working days of Aadhaar enrollment
Who is an Aadhaar Introducer?
An Aadhaar introducer is a person who has been identified and notified by the UIDAI registrar or regional office. The introducer’s basic information, Aadhaar data, and residential address are all recorded in UIDAI’s CIDR (Central Identities Data Repository).
- The introducer’s job is to introduce a person who does not have valid documents to UIDAI at an official Aadhaar enrolment centre
- An Aadhaar introducer works under a registrar
- The role of the introducer is limited to a specific region for which he or she is appointed by the registrar
- A registrar may appoint the same introducer to introduce applicants who do not have valid documents in other approved regions
What are the Responsibilities of an Aadhaar Introducer?
The primary responsibility of an Aadhaar introducer is to assist applicants in applying for an Aadhaar card without the use of any documents. As a result, before taking on the role of an Aadhaar introducer, he or she should have a thorough understanding of the overall procedure. The key points that an Aadhaar introducer should be aware of are as follows:
- An Aadhaar introducer should always attend the Registrar’s workshop in association with UIDAI
- The introducer must provide written consent in the prescribed format stating that he or she is willing to be an Aadhaar introducer and will adhere to all UIDAI procedures
- The Aadhaar introducer must have his or her own Aadhaar number
- It is the Aadhaar introducer’s responsibility to ensure that his or her mobile number is correctly written at the Aadhaar enrolment centre
- The introducer should be available to the Aadhaar applicant during working hours at the Aadhaar enrolment centre
- If the applicant’s address and other details are incorrectly written, an introducer has the authority to reject or approve the application
- An Aadhaar introducer cannot demand a fee for introducing the applicant
- Only applicants who do not have the required documents can be introduced by the introducer
Who can be an Aadhaar Introducer?
To be an Aadhaar introducer, a person needs to fulfil the following requirements-
- He/she must be at least 18 years old
- His or her Aadhaar number and other personal information should be registered with UIDAI
- A person who wishes to become an Aadhaar introducer must not have a criminal record
- He or she could be a Registrar’s employee, a postman, an elected local body member, a member of a local administrative body, an influencer such as a teacher, a health worker or a doctor, an ASHA/Aanganwadi worker, a representative of a local NGOs, etc
Can I apply for an Aadhaar card without documents?
Yes, you can apply for an Aadhaar card without documents by taking help from an Aadhaar introducer.
Who can be an Aadhaar introducer?
An Aadhaar introducer can be a postman, registrar’s employees, members of local administrative bodies, elected local body members, influencers such as teachers, health workers & doctors, ASHA/Aanganwadi workers, a representative of local NGOs, etc.
What is the age limit to be an Aadhaar introducer?
An individual must be over the age of 18 to become an Aadhaar introducer.
What documents do I need to submit to apply for an Aadhaar card?
An applicant must submit identity proof, address proof, and biometric information when applying for an Aadhaar card.