UIDAI has made it possible for users to download eAadhaar, mAadhaar, Aadhaar letter, and Aadhaar PVC card in addition to an Aadhaar card. Aadhaar cards can be downloaded, obtained, or ordered online, and users can select any of them based on their preferences and convenience.
This blog will explain what an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card is and how to easily obtain one.
What is an Aadhaar PVC card?
Aadhaar PVC card is one of the types of Aadhaar cards issued by UIDAI. It is a compressed and smart version of a paper-like Aadhaar card that can be submitted or quoted for a variety of purposes. It is printed on PVC material and includes smart features such as a secure QR code, hologram, micro text, ghost image, guilloche pattern, issue date & print date, and embossed Aadhaar logo.
The Aadhaar PVC card, also known as the smart Aadhaar card, was introduced by keeping the following user’s feedback in mind-
- It was difficult to carry a paper-like Aadhaar card everywhere
- Even if a paper-like Aadhaar card is cut into a card shape, carrying it is difficult because the size makes it easy to misplace
- The card’s shape might get distorted if not handled with care or might develop crease over time
- A paper-like Aadhaar card might get dirty if not handled properly
- Aadhaar card is one of the most important documents, hence, even a minor missing detail in it results in failure of processes or KYC authentication process
Why Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card?
The UIDAI has introduced the Aadhaar card in a variety of forms to make it as easy for users to carry as possible. The following are the reasons to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card:
- Aadhaar PVC card is made on a PVC material; hence, it won’t get distorted
- It resembles a credit/debit card and thus is convenient to carry
- It’s a smart replacement for a paper-based Aadhaar card
- It looks and functions similar to a paper-based Aadhaar card and can be submitted or quoted for a variety of purposes
- Unlike masked Aadhaar cards, the information on an Aadhaar PVC card is complete and visible
- Aadhaar PVC cards are water-resistant, lightweight, and long-lasting
Read More: How to Verify an Aadhaar Mobile Number
How to Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card or Smart Aadhaar Card?
Because of the numerous benefits of an Aadhaar PVC card, UIDAI has made it possible for users to apply for one online. The steps for obtaining an Aadhaar PVC card are as follows:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Order Aadhaar PVC card’
- Enter Aadhaar number/Enrolment ID or Virtual ID and security code
- Request for ‘OTP’
- Submit the OTP
- View the Aadhaar related details and proceed to make payment against an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card
- Complete the payment and download the receipt. Keep track of the Aadhaar PVC card delivery status by recording the system-generated Service Request Number
- An Aadhaar PVC card is delivered in about 15 working days
How to Check the Status of an Aadhaar PVC Card or Smart Aadhaar Card?
After requesting an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card, the user can track its progress using the service request number. The following steps will show you how to check the status of an Aadhaar PVC card:
- Visit the official UIDAI website
- Click on ‘My Aadhaar’ and select ‘Check Aadhaar PVC card status’
- Enter 12-digit Aadhaar number and security code
- If your mobile number is not registered with UIDAI, select ‘My mobile number is not registered’. To receive OTP, enter a non-registered mobile number
- Click ‘Send OTP’ and enter it
- The SRN number and the status of the Aadhaar PVC card will be displayed on the following screen
- You can also save the acknowledgement slip for future use
How Much to Pay to Obtain an Aadhaar PVC Card?
A user must pay Rs. 50 to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card (inclusive of GST & Speed post charges).
Do I need to pay any amount to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card or smart Aadhaar card?
Yes, a user needs to pay Rs. 50 (inclusive of GST & Speed post charges) to obtain an Aadhaar PVC card.
Can I order an Aadhaar PVC card online?
Visit the official website of UIDAI to order an Aadhaar PVC card online.
Is it possible to check the status of my Aadhaar PVC card?
Yes, a user can check the status of an Aadhaar PVC card by visiting the official website of UIDAI.
Can I choose any form of an Aadhaar card?
Yes, a resident can choose any form of Aadhaar card as per the convenience. All the forms of the Aadhaar card work similar and can be used for multiple purposes.
What are the features of an Aadhaar PVC card?
The security features of an Aadhaar PVC card are- secure QR code, hologram, micro text, ghost image, guilloche pattern, issue date & print date, embossed Aadhaar logo.
What is SRN?
SRN is a 28-digit Service Request Number. It is generated after raising a request for an Aadhaar card online on the UIDAI website.