West Bengal ePass – Covid E Pass Apply Online, Registration for Entry Pass, Status Check, Guidelines, instructions, eligibility rules, and many more are prevailing on this page. Due to the rise of covid cases in the second wave, the state government of West Bengal decided to impose a strict lockdown in the state and protect residents to stay safe and healthy at home. Guys who serve the people who need essential service or emergency can move out of their houses but they should carry approved West Bengal Covid Travel Pass and identity proof.
Also, they need to take the covid test before 48 hours and show covid-19 negative reports to travel from one place to another. Apart from the WB Covid-19 Curfew E Pass application process, you can get clear-cut knowledge on other information related to the West Bengal lockdown ePass for Inter-District / Intra District Travel.
- West Bengal Covid E Pass Apply Online at wb.gov.in
- Quick Overview of WB Lockdown ePass
- Who can Apply for West Bengal Covid-19 Curfew E Pass?
- West Bengal E Pass Registration Instructions
- Required Documents for WB Inter-State Exit Pass Registration
- Procedure to Apply Online for West Bengal Inter District & Intra District Travel Emergency Pass
- How to Check the West Bengal Covid Lockdown Pass Status?
- Kolkata Police WB Lockdown Guidelines 2021
- Helpdesk of West Bengal e-Curfew Pass
- FAQs on West Bengal Kolkata Police EPass Online Registration, Track Status
Lockdown is a situation where people are not allowed to move from one place to other within the state or outside the state, can’t go for social gatherings, can’t visit any commercial space, etc. to curb the widespread of this deadly coronavirus. So, it is mandatory to get an ePass for movement during the lockdown in West Bengal and other states too.
People who wish to travel inter-state, inter-district, intra-district are advised to visit the official website of the West Bengal state portal or Kolkata police portal and apply for the WB E Pass for Travel. Simply carry the approved ePass along with the government or company given identity proof to show to the police authorities at checkpoints. Check more information from the below modules and done with the submission of an application form successfully.
The below provided details are highlights of WB ePass where you can get a quick overview before applying to West Bengal Covid Travel ePass:
|Name of the state||West Bengal|
|Type of Pass||e-Pass for Inter-District and Intra District Travel|
|Lockdown Status in West Bengal||Till 15th June 2021|
|Issuing authority||State Government in association with West Bengal Police|
|Purpose||To safeguard the interests of the citizens of West Bengal|
|Benefits||Provides the permit to the citizens out on public places given that they are serving essential service or emergency|
|Method of Application||Online|
|Official web portal||https://wb.gov.in/index.aspx/
Without having any emergency or essential purpose, the state government of WB prohibited residents to move out during lockdown. The authorities who approve the ePass applications will consider the following travel reasons and provide a WB Travel Pass for applicants:
- Emergency Duty
- Standalone Shops
- Construction Activities
- eCommerce Delivery
- Essential Supply of Food, Groceries, and Medicine
- Private Offices
If you fall under the above categories, you can continue to apply for the West Bengal Lockdown E-Pass via the official Kolkata Police portal.
The following instructions are very useful for citizens while applying for the WB EPass for lockdown. So, take a look at the instructions that applicants need to follow carefully:
- With the help of the online portal of Kolkata police, candidates can apply for the covid lockdown travel ePass WB.
- You can get an ePass via email or SMS on the registered mobile number.
- Carrying a hard copy of the ePass along with a soft copy is mandatory to scan the QR code on the ePass by the police authorities at checkpoints.
- It is important to remember that applicants need to travel to the provided location and a certain time period mentioned on the ePass application.
- Any of the following Photo ID Proofs such as
- Aadhaar card
- Driving license
- Voter card
- Pan card etc.
- Supporting Document
- Vehicle Registration Card
- If you want to apply for West Bengal Lockdown Entry Pass, open the official website ie., wb.gov.in
- On the homepage, you will see the “Inter-District Travel Pass” link and the “Intra District Travel Pass“(except Kolkata police area) link.
- Click on the required type of pass link and the application form related to the movement pass will appear on the screen.
- Now, you have to enter your mobile number and hit on the Get OTP button.
- Now, enter the OTP and tap on Validate button.
- Later, it asks you to fill up the following details with correct information like Personal details, Source Address, Destination Address, Vehicle Details, Driver Details, Co-Passenger Details.
- Check the information entered in the above fields and then read the disclaimers. If agreed tick the checkbox.
- At last, click on the submit button to submit the WB Online ePass Application Form for traveling to the desired place.
- Firstly, you need to visit the official website of West Bengal ePass ie., wb.gov.in
- On the home page, you will find the Inter-District Travel & Intra District Travel options, click on the respective link.
- Now, scroll down the application form and click on the Back button.
- It will open Entry Pass for the selected district movement sign-in page. Enter your User ID and Password and click on the Continue button.
- Once you have logged in correctly and successfully, it will appear the status of your west Bengal covid entry pass application like Approved, Reject, or Pending review.
The CM of West Bengal stated different guidelines about the lockdown where citizens have to abide for making this complete lockdown successful and beat the disease. Following are the few West Bengal Curfew Guidelines:
- During the lockdown, all government and private offices, as well as educational institutions will get closed.
- No public vehicles are allowed to travel during curfew except the essential goods and services, emergency medical services vehicles.
- From morning 7 am to 10 am, all the shops will remain open for selling the essential items.
- There is an exemption in timings for sweet shops and meat shops from 10 am till 5 pm.
- Banks will work between 10 am and 2 pm.
- eCommerce services and home delivery items will remain functional.
- Only 50 participants are allowed to attend the Marriage events.
- Automobile repair shops will remain open.
- Parks and religious places will remain closed.
- The tea industry will operate as usual but just with 50 percent of employees.
If there is any inconvenience, queries, complaints, or emergency, the residents of West Bengal state can feel free to reach out on the Toll-Free Number- 1070 or contact or drop a message on the WhatsApp Number- 9017845555B. Also, people can connect with the officials by contacting the following undersigned numbers furnished below:
- Police Control Room: 100
- Central Blood Bank: 033-23510620
- Lalbazar Control Room: 033-22143024 / 3230 / 1310
- St. Johns Ambulance (H.Q.): 9830023653,033-24863926
- West Bengal Police: 033-22144031 / 1946
- Fire: 101
- CESC Low Tension Helpline: 9163398839
- CESC High Tension Helpline: 033-22259157
- Howrah Station, Main Enquiry: 1310 / 1331 / 26602217(New Complex)
- G.R.P. Howrah: 033-26413508
- G.R.P. Sealdah: 033-23503940 / 033-23527573
- Sealdah Station, Main Enquiry: 033-23503535 (PNT)
1. From where I need to obtain West Bengal Covid Travel ePass?
You can obtain WB Covid Travel Entry Pass online from the official website of the West Bengal state portal or the corona pass portal of Kolkata Police.
2. What is the validity of the WB Inter-District Travel/Intra District Travel Pass?
The ePass obtained for the respective travel entry will be valid till the lockdown period based on the applicant-provided service daily.
3. What are the lockdown timings in the state of West Bengal?
West Bengal state government imposed the complete lockdown but exempted some time for essential good services shops to open from 7 to 10 am. Hence, the lockdown timings in the state of WB are from 11 am to 6 am.