CBSE Class 10 English Grammar Complete Material Prepared by English Subject Experts for 2020 Board Exams as Per CBSE (NCERT) guidelines.
CBSE Class 10th English Board Exam 2020: Tips to follow for good marks
Here are some important tips for Class 10 students to score good marks in CBSE Class 10 English Board Exam 2020.
For the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Class 10 English Board Exam 2020, students should have a clear idea of the English communicative latest syllabus to score more marks in the board examination. According to the latest marking scheme of the board, the performance of a student is evaluated on the basis of a final examination in the subject. The total assessment comprises of 80 marks for class 10 Board examination and 20 marks for Internal Assessment (IA). The question paper will be divided into three sections: Section A (Reading), Section B (Writing and Grammar) and Section C (Literature).
Here are some section-wise preparation tips for CBSE class 10th English Board Exam 2020:
Section A (Reading):
1. Develop reading and comprehension skills.
2. Read the passage carefully and grasp the main theme of the passage.
3. Identify the other main points of the passage.
4. Try to attempt the questions in your own words.
5. Enhance your vocabulary so as to understand the word attack question. In case, if you are not sure about the meaning of the word then relate it with the context it is used.
Section B (Writing and Grammar):
1. The ‘format’ plays an important role in scoring marks in the writing section. So, carefully remember the format.
2. Plan, organise and present ideas with grammatical accuracy, appropriate words and spellings, coherence and relevance.
3. Web the story on given outlines carefully and do not go out of track.
4. Have a clear understanding of how to write letters, what to write in first, second and third paragraphs.
5. Get into the details of each grammar topic with rules and exceptions.
6. Solve the grammar passages by reading them carefully and understanding the meaning. Do not fill the blanks randomly without comprehending the questions/passage.
7. Carefully read words/phrases to write grammatically accurate sentences.
Section C (Literature):
1. Prepare each lesson carefully. Read word by word, understand and memorize the value points.
2. Do not forget to memorize the names of the chapters and their authors with correct spellings.
3. Learn the central theme/idea of the lesson.
4. Write answers on the basis of inference, interpretation and comprehension.
5. Identify the lines/words from which lesson they have been derived from and relate in what sense they have been said and who is the speaker.
6. Write the answers with grammatical accuracy, appropriate words, correct spellings, coherence, relevance and good expression.
Attempt the question paper in serial order.
Adhere to the prescribed word limit.
Use a black pen to write formats/keywords.
Underline important points.
Write the answer in the corresponding tense form of the question.
Practice by writing while keeping the assessment tools, content, fluency, and accuracy in mind.
Take care of the neatness and presentation.
Solve previous years’ question papers and sample papers as many as possible.
Passage Question 1- 20 minutes
Passage Question 2- 20 minutes
Two questions from the writing section- 20 minutes each (20X2= 40)
Three questions from the grammar section- 10 to 15 minutes
One extract from the textbook- 10 minutes
Five short answer type questions- 30 minutes
One long answer type question from the textbook (8 marks)- 10 minutes
One long question from the novel (10 marks)- 10 to 15 minutes
So, these were some important tips for the students to score well in the Class 10th English Board Examination 2020.
All the best for your board exams!
Important Resources for CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2020:
- CBSE Question Bank for Class 10
- CBSE Guide for Class 10
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10
- CBSE Date Sheet for Class 10
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Map Pointing Map Work Skills
- MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers PDF Download
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 with Answers
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10
- CBSE Exam Pattern
- Most Important MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Solutions for 2020 Board Exam
- MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths With Answers
CBSE Class 10 Preparation Tips
- Class 10 Maths Preparation Tips
- Class 10 Science Preparation Tips
- Class 10 Social Science Preparation Tips
- Class 10 English Preparation Tips
- Class 10 Hindi Preparation Tips
- Class 10 Sanskrit Preparation Tips