Slimming Pills And Their Effects
Many people eager to lose weight are unaware about the fact that some slimming pills can cause serious side effects to their health. And unfortunately, youngsters are ready to take on the risk of slimming pills at the cost of their health. But it should be known that, slimming pills are proven to be effective in only about ten percent of the cases in the long run, as it needs to be accompanied with strict diet control and regular exercise.
While you are on a treatment process with slimming pills, it makes you reduce a few kilos of weight and most probably you regain that once the treatment is stopped. Slimming pills can be divided into three groups: licensed pharmaceutical drugs, prescribed by medical doctors, unlicensed pharmaceutical drugs available at pharmacies or private slimming clinics and natural slimming products sold at the pharmacies or sold online. The side effects on the heartlBP, gastrointestinal system and liver are most important and should be taken into consideration while using slimming pills. Orlistat (Olisat 60/120), Rasva (contains KiOnutrime-Cs) and Obicure Plus (contains multiple natural ingredients) are available at the pharmacies besides a number of Ayurvedic weight loss preparations in various forms whose compositions are not even known. It can be risky to take, as it is not backed by research.
- Avoid combining two different groups of slimming medications,
- Do not combine laxatives and diuretics to other slimming pills.
- Do not over dose with laxatives or diuretics, it can be dangerous.
- If you notice any unusual symptom or symptoms see your doctor immediately.
This product is a combination of extracts of garcinia cambogia, caralluma fimbriata, ginger, green tea, and piperine extract. It helps in reducing the appetite and increase thermogenesis. Garcinia cambogia extract ¡s a fat burner and caralluma fimbriata is an appetite suppressant.
- It can cause gastric irritation and nausea
- One should not exceed the dose.
- It should not be used during pregnancy and lactation.
This is a high fibre product which swells and forms an indigestible gel by absorbing water, giving one a fuller feeling in the stomach. People buy this product online for weight loss and its effectiveness is variable but generally less than expectations.
- Allergic reactions like rash/hives and itching
- Severe crampy abdominal pain (can be avoided by slowly increasing fibre intake).
- Diarrhoea – can be severe
- Blockage of food pipe or intestine may occur in some people requiring urgent hospitalization (hence capsule form is preferred).
Rasva claims to help weight loss by the process of fat binding from the intestine. The full ingredients list is not provided for the product, but the fat binding capabilities are said to be the results of the active ingredient called chitosan. Chitosan has been the subject of preliminary trials with mixed results. Due to a lack of research, the side effects of this product are not fully known. However, this drug is known to cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain. Those with the following digestive disorders should avoid this medicine.
- Inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Acid reflux disease
- Peptic/duodenal ulcers
- Signs of bowel obstruction or severe constipation
Many preparations are available but some of them may not be safe as one can never be very sure about their exact composition and doses. Excess doses can cause stomach irritation (gastritis) with nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea.
Laxatives/diuretics are available over the counter and often used for instant weight loss. Laxatives stimulate bowel movement which can lead to bowel disease and dependence in the long run. The bacteria in the gut changes and fails to protect the gut walls. Phenolphthalein as a laxative should not be used at all. Excess diuretics can cause dehydration, fatigue and electrolyte imbalance.
Slimming pills are proven to be effective in only about ten per cent of the cases in the long run
The side effects are temporary and likely to lessen as one continues to take this tablet. But the side effects will worsen it you consume more fats. It works by reducing absorption of fats from the intestine. Patients should take a multivitamin containing fat-soluble vitamins apart from the orlistat dose, or a vitamins deficiency will develop.
- Oily or fatty orange coloured stools; oily spotting in the undergarments.
- Gas with an oily discharge, increase in bowel movements.
- Loose stools or you may feel an urgent need to defecate with incontinence at times.
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea. rectal pain.
- Weakness, dark urine, clay-coloured stools, itching, loss of appetite, jaundice.
- An increased risk of gall stones.
Green Tea Extract
This herbal appetite suppressant claims to decrease tat and calorie metabolism, facilitating weight loss.
- Stomach discomfort,
- Liver problems