Maha Shivratri is here and Hindus all over the world are gearing up to please their beloved deity on this auspicious day. Shivratri is one of the most significant festivals for the Hindu Community and Shiv Temples across the nation will witness an outpour of devotees. What makes Shivratri even more special is its Characteristic Fasting or Mahashivratri Vratha. Vrat marks of high significance among all the Shiva Devotees while some opt to go on a fast for the whole day without even consuming a drop of water.
- What is Mahashivratri?
- When is the Mahashivaratri in 2022?
- What is the exact Maha shivratri Puja Time?
Mahashivaratri Puja Vidhi & Worshipping Method
Merits of Shivratri Vrat are several times more than even performing an Ashwamedha Sacrifice. Devotees try to please Shiva by offering milk, water and bell leave on Shivalinga. It is believed that people who offer water on shivalinga will get the blessings of Mahadev. Lord Shiva is so naive that if someone offers Watering to Shivling unwillingly also, he or she will get Lord Shiva’s grace. That’s why he is called Bolenath.
- On the day of Mahashivaratri wake up early in the morning, take a bath and wear clean clothes
- Take Ganga Water in a Copper Lotus and if you don’t have enough of Ganga mix it with normal water.
- Now mix Rice and White Sandalwood in the lotus and offer water on the Shivling uttering “Oom Nam: Shivaya”.
- Offer other worship material including hemp, akshat, Shami leaf, datura, belpatra, cloves, cow’s milk, sandalwood, lotus leaf. Offer pooja material to Nandi as well.
- After finishing recite Shiv Chalisa and perform aarthi of Lord Shiva using Camphor or Cow Ghee.
- Keep fast on the day of Maha Shivratri and if you wish to stay awake during the night then follow four aarti rituals.
Maha Shivaratri Puja Samagri
In order to appease Lord Shiva bring all the required worship material like cannabis, Madar, datura, cow’s milk, sandalwood, rice, molly, camphor, sugar, bell leaf, saffron, curd, honey, fruit, gangajal, perfume, janeu, kumkum, Pushpamala, Khas, roli, Shami Patra, Parimal dravya, Gem-ornament, Clove, Cardamom, Betel nut, Pan, Dakshina and Asanas for sitting, etc.
Shiv Ratri Fasting Story/ Vrat Katha
As per mythological beliefs, there was a hunter named Chitrabhanu in Ancient Times. He raised his family by killing animals. Hunter waited on the branch of Woodapple tree as he couldn’t find anything to kill in the forest for his food.
He started throwing leaves on the ground to attract deer unaware that there is a shivling beneath the tree. It is believed that Lord Shiva appeared in front of the hunter Pleased with the Patience of the hunter, WoodApple leaves and offered him wisdom.
➡️Do Refer: 10 lines on Maha Shivratri 2022 in English
Chant Shiva Panchakaksha Mantra
Everyone is aware that Lord Shiva’s Mantra Oom Nam: Shivaya is treated as the Mahamantra and is equal to five mantras in itself. It is the reason this mantra has been given the status of Almanac and it is told in Shivapuranam that there is no other Mantra like Oom Nam: Shivaya. If you want to utter any other mantra even then you can remember this almanac stotra. Chanting this hymn in a systematic way is quite beneficial.
Keep Visiting our site to avail more information on Mahashivaratri related queries like Puja Timing, Shivratri Date 2022, etc. If you have any queries on how to perform Shiva Ratri Puja let us know and we will help you at the earliest possible.
Shiv Chalisa with Hindi, English Lyrics By ASHWANI AMARNATH I Lyrical Video
➡️Check More About: Mahashivrati 2022 Isha Foundation Celebrations