Shivratri 2021: Mahashivratri is a great festival for Hindus, celebrated yearly once with so much devotion and divine spirit in the honor of Lord Shiva. “The Night of Shiva” is the exact Shivaratri meaning. As per the Hindu calendar, the mahashivratri festival is celebrated at Varanasi in the dark fortnight or Krishna paksha on the 13th night or 14th day of Maagha or Phalguna month by worshipping & offering milk, Bilva, or Bel leaves to shiva lingam and makes lord shiva happy.
Do you know the story behind mahashivratri? Sawan Shivratri 2021 is dedicated to lord shiva, this festival was derived with various versions, one of them is a celebration of lord shiva and Parvati’s marriage to each other. And some people celebrate Shiv Ratri as the day when lord shiva saved the world from the weed of poison that came out from the ocean while Samudra Manthan.
Ten Lines on Mahashivratri 2021 Festival In English
Here, we have shared two sets of ten lines on Mahashivratri in English. Have a look at them once and get complete Mahashivratri information like what is Maha Shivratri, Shivratri 2021 date and time, What is the meaning of Mahashivaratri, Why we celebrate Maha Shivaratri, Which mahashivratri mantra devotees chant? What do we do on the great night of shiva? What are the rituals devotees perform on that day? etc.
After reading these 10 lines about Shivratri 2021, you can utilize them in your school speeches or paragraph writing competitions.
Also, you can make use of these below 10 lines for writing a Short Essay on Mahashivratri, or few lines on Maha Shivratri 2021 celebration, etc.
10 Lines on Maha Shivratri – Set 1
1) Mahashivratri or the great night of Shiva is a popular Hindu festival that is celebrated in India as well as Nepal.
2) According to the Hindu calendar, Mahashivratri is celebrated on the new moon day of the ‘Phalguna’ month of the Hindu calendar.
3) Mahashivratri is celebrated to mark and owe our respect towards Lord Shiva, an important deity in the Hindu religion.
4) Religious texts say that Mahashivratri is the auspicious day when Lord Shiva married Goddess Parvati.
5) On the day of Mahashivratri, people visit temples to take blessings of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati and become blessed.
6) People observe the fast whole day by only drinking water or observing dry fast without having a single drop of water.
7) It is believed that observing fast on the day of Mahashivratri will bring good luck to them and their families.
8) During the night, large processions called “Shiva Baraat” are carried out where a person becomes Shiva and rides an ox.
9) Other people in this procession dress themselves as ghosts, saints, etc and join the ‘Baraat’ with dancing and singing.
10) People align themselves and stand for long hours at the famous pilgrimages and temples to offer prayers to Lord Shiva.
10 Lines on Mahashivratri 2021 – Set 2
1) Mahashivratri is one of the most important festivals of Hindus.
2) Meaning of Mahashivratri means the great night of Lord Shiva.
3) Mahashivratri is the day when Lord Shiva married Goddess Parvati.
4) Mahashivratri falls on the 13th night and 14th day of the ‘Falgun’ month of the Hindu calendar.
5) In the early morning, devotees visit the temples to offer prayers to Lord Shiva.
6) In prayers, people chant slogans like “Har Har Mahadev” and “Om Namah Shivay”.
7) Some devotees also observe fast on the occasion of Mahashivratri.
8) On Mahashivratri, people also perform “Rudrabhishek” (auspicious offering) in their homes and temples.
9) In temples, people offer water and milk over the ‘Shivling’ as for prayer.
10) Many people offer ‘bel’ tree leaves, ‘bhang’ etc to the Shivling and idols of Parvati during Mahashivratri.
Students and Teachers can happily use these 10 lines on Mahashivratri at the Shivratri 2021 events. If you are looking for all About Maha Shivaratri 2021 in one place then visit our site Version Weekly or you can also click on the links provided here in this article.