Daily Current Affairs – International
India-Netherland: “Water 4 change”, an urban water management system
The Centre for Water Resources Development and Management (CWRDM), operating under the Government of Kerala has launched the “Water 4 Change”.
- Under the project, six prominent institutions from Netherlands will perform a long-term research and field level action on urban water management systems along with Indian scientists.
- The project will bring solutions for water problems in the cities of Kozhikode, Shimla, Bhuj and Bhopal.
- The CWRDM was established by the Government of Kerala to cater the needs of research and development in water management of the state.
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 26th November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs Gk 26th November 2010
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 25th November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs GK 25th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 23rd November 2019
- Daily Current Affairs GK 23rd November 2019
India attends WATEC Conference in Israel
The Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat represented India at the WATEC Conference that was held in Israel. The Water Technology and Environment Control (WATEC) conference helps to get updates on technologies related to water and environmental management.
- Israel is considered as world hero in terms of water management. The country treats and reuses 80% of its sewage water for agriculture.
- With drip irrigation and sea water desalination, the country has become a global leader in agriculture.
Daily Current Affairs – National
Indian Army inducts Israel made Anti-Tank Guided Missiles Spike along LoC in J&K
The Indian Army has inducted Israel made Anti-Tank Guided Missiles Spike along the LoC in the northern command theatre in Jammu and Kashmir to bolster defence along the border with Pakistan.
- Known as the “fire and forget” missiles, Spike are portable by men and are powerful enough to destroy tanks and bust bunkers within four kilometers.
Uttar Pradesh govt to set up state’s 1st vulture conservation
In a major step to conserve the endangered vulture population, the Uttar Pradesh government will set up state’s first vulture conservation and breeding centre in farenda area of Maharajganj district.
- The population of vultures in the country which has come down from 40 million to 19,000 in a span of over three decades.
- States’ first vulture conservation and breeding centre of its kind will be set up on the lines of Jatayu Conservation Breeding Centre at Pinjore in Haryana, which is also the first in the country.
- The new centre would be set up in association with Bombay Natural History Society, a wildlife research organization.
Madhya Pradesh’s Devi Ahilya University gets A grade from NAAC
The Indore-based Devi Ahilya University has added another feather in its cap by becoming Madhya Pradesh’s first varsity to be accorded A grade by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- The Centre of higher learning now became entitled to several other facilities.
- It may introduce courses recognized by the University Grants Commission without the latter’s permission besides commencing open distance-learning courses.
‘Child Rights and You’ Report on Crime against Children in India
The Child Rights and You recently released a report “How Vulnerable are Children in India to crime?” The report was based on the analysis of National Crime Records Bureau for 2016-17.
- The report says that the states of Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh topped the list of states for crimes against children.
- The highest increase in crimes between the years 2016 and 2017 was seen in Jharkhand.
- The Child labor in the country saw a substantial increase of 126%. The report says that in 2016 child labor was 204 and it increased to 462 in 2017.
- As far as Child Marriage is concerned there was an increase of 21.17%. The numbers were based on the cases registered under Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006.
National Milk Day
India National Milk Day is observed every year on 26 November to commemorate the birthday of Dr. Varghese Kurian, the father of India’s White Revolution. However, World milk day is observed every year across the world on 1 June by the United Nations.
- The first National Milk Day was celebrated on 26 November 2014 after the initiative taken by Indian Dairy Association (IDA). In first National Milk Day various milk producers from 22 states participated.
- He was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award (1963) and World Food Prize (1989), Padma Shri (1965), Padma Bhushan (1966) and Padma Vibhushan (1999). Due to the strenuous efforts of Dr. Verghese Kurien, India became the largest producer of milk in 1998, surpassing the US.
271 crores cleared by IMAC for Food Processing Scheme
The Inter-Ministerial Approval Committee chaired by Minister of Food Processing Shri Harsimrat Kaur has sanctioned Rs 271 crores for the CEFPPC scheme (Creation/Expansion of Food Processing and Preservation Capacities) scheme.
- The aim of the scheme is to create direct employment that will help in achieving India’s goal of doubling farmers’ income by 2022. It expected that the project would create 9000 employment.
- It will also aid in implementing PM Krishi Sampada Yojana (PMKSY).
- PMKSY is being implemented by the Ministry of Food Processing.
Daily Current Affairs – Awards
13th Asia Pacific Screen Awards
The 13th Asia Pacific Screen Awards which are Asia Pacific’s highest accolade in film were awarded in Brisbane, Australia.
- Awardees 2019
- Best Feature Film: ‘Parasite’, directed by South Korea’s Bong Joon-Ho
- Best Performance by an Actress: Max Eigenmann in ‘Verdict’
- Best Performance by an Actor: Manoj Bajpayee in ‘Bhonsle’
- The First edition of award was presented in 2007. Since then it is presented annually by UNESCO, FIAPF (International Federation of Film Producers Associations) and Brisbane City Council, Australia.
Manisha Kulshreshtha wins 28th Bihari Puraskar
- Noted writer from Rajasthan, Manisha Kulshreshtha, was awarded the 28th Bihari Puraskar for 2018 for her novel ‘Swapnapash’.
- The award is presented by the KK Birla Foundation and is for writers of Rajasthani origin.
- It is given annually to an outstanding work in Hindi or Rajasthani published in the past 10 years.
- Named after famous Hindi poet Bihari, the award carries a cash prize of 2.5 lakh, a citation, and a plaque.
Static/Current Takeaways Important:
- The K.K Birla foundation is named after Krishna Kumar Birla, famous Indian industrialist.
- Established: 1991, Delhi.
Indian journalist Neha Dixit recipients of International Press Freedom Award
- Indian journalist Neha Dixit has receipt 2019 International Press Freedom Awards.
- This award is awarded by Committee to Protect Journalists (CPJ), a non-profit organization whose aim is to enable journalists to work without the fear of reprisal.
- Dixit received the award for her reports on sex trafficking scandals in India by Investigative reporter in Miami Herald, Julie k.Brown
Sundram Fasteners’ Suresh Krishna gets ‘Quality Ratna’ award
- India’s first ‘Quality Ratna’ award to Suresh Krishna, Chairman, Sundram Fasteners Ltd.
- He has been a role model for society in embracing the principles of quality in both personal and professional life.
- He pioneered the constitution of the TPM Club of India in collaboration with the Japan Institute of Plant Maintenance in 1998 and was its first Chairman.
- This award was awarded by trade body Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) Institute of Quality, in its 27th Quality Summit held in Bengaluru.
Billie Eilish is Billboard’s 2019 ‘Woman of the Year’
- Singer Billie Eilish will be honoured as Billboard’s 2019 Woman of the Year.
- Pop star Taylor Swift will also be honoured at Billboard’s event, receiving the inaugural Woman of the Decade award.
- Billie has disrupted the entertainment industry through her music and social media platforms, leaving an indelible impact on the global cultural zeitgeist.
Daily Current Affairs – Business
RIL market cap hits ₹9.5 lakh crore, a first for an Indian company
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is the first Indian company to cross Rs.9.5 lakh in market capitalization (m-cap).
- Recently Vodafone India and Bharti Airtel had announced their tariff hike which will be implemented from December 2019.
- This has increased the share price of RIL in the market and is believed to attract more subscribers for Reliance Jio.
- On 26 Nov 2019, its m-cap touched Rs 9,99,045 crore nearing the Rs 10 lakh crore mark.
- Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), RIL’s closest rival in market capital had a share price of Rs.2,110, 2% lower on BSE and m-cap of Rs.7,71,996.87 crore.
Daily Current Affairs – Defence
- The Indian Navy will host military drill ‘Milan 2020’ in March which will witness the participation of several countries.
- 41 nations from South Asia, Southeast Asia, Africa and Europe that share defence cooperation with India have been invited for the drill.
- MILAN stands for ‘Multilateral Naval Exercise’.
- The government pursues cooperation initiatives with friendly foreign countries, including in the Indian Ocean Region, through structured interactions like Staff Talks, Empowered Steering Group.
- The areas of cooperation include capacity building, marine domain awareness, training, hydrography, technical assistance, operational exercise.
Daily Current Affairs – Agreements
India-Uzbekistan sign pact on counter-terror cooperation
- India and Uzbekistan have signed a pact for further strengthening of cooperation in the fields of counter-terrorism and organised crime.
- The agreement was signed by Union Home Minister Amit Shah and his Uzbekistan counterpart Pulat Bobojonov here to further increase cooperation between India and Uzbekistan in diverse fields including counter-terrorism, organized crime and human trafficking.
- The two sides discussed issues of mutual interest including bilateral counter-terrorism cooperation, capacity building and training for Uzbek security personnel in Indian institutions, border guarding and disaster management.
SBI & U GRO ink loan co-origination agreement
- NewQuest-backed U GRO Capital inked an SME loan co-origination agreement with State Bank of India to facilitate broader credit outreach and faster disbursal.
- The alliance to leverage U GRO Capital’s proprietary technology platform ‘GRO-Xstream’ to provide in-principle loan approval within 60 minutes.
- U GRO Capital, a BSE listed, technology-enabled small business lending platform entered into a loan co-origination.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For RRB NTPC/SSC CGL:
- Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of U GRO Capital: Abhijit Ghosh.
- U GRO Capital Launch: December 2017.
Daily Current Affairs – Deaths
Cartoonist Sudhir Dhar Dies at 87
Renowned cartoonist Sudhir Dhar, whose works graced several newspapers in a career spanning 58 years.
- Dhar began his career with The Statesman in 1961 after which he moved to Hindustan Times.
- His cartoons have also appeared in The Independent, The Pioneer, Delhi Times, New York Times, Washington Post and Saturday Review among others.