Daily Current Affairs – International
Israel again strikes Islamic Jihad targets in Gaza
- Israel has begun another round of airstrikes on targets linked to Islamic Jihad in Gaza despite a ceasefire that came into effect on 15 November, 2019.
- The Israeli Army said the Israeli Defence Force, IDF is currently striking Islamic Jihad terror targets in the Gaza strip. Counter-attack by Israel began after Islamic Jihad fired a number of rockets into Israel.
- The ceasefire had been agreed between Israel and the Palestinian armed group after two days of fighting in Gaza that began after Israel killed a top Islamic Jihad commander in an air raid. The announcement by the Israeli military suggested that the ceasefire, reportedly brokered by Egypt, was breaking down.
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 17th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 16th November 2019
- Daily Top Current Affairs 16th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 15th November 2019
- Daily Top Current Affairs 15th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 14th November 2019
- Daily Top Current Affairs 14th November 2019
Dhaka International Folk Festival
- The 5th edition of the Dhaka International Folk Festival was inaugurated on 14th November, 2019 by the Information Minister of Bangladesh Dr Hasan Mahmud at Bangladesh Army Stadium.
- Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen was present as chief guest in the opening ceremony.
- More than 200 artistes from 6 countries are be performing in the largest folk festival of Asia.
- The event began with performance by artistes of Bhabna Nrityadal, a prominent dance troupe from Bangladesh.
- Daler Mehendi from India, Shah Alam Sarkar from Bangladesh and Georgian folk band Chveneburebi performed on the first day of the programme.
- Among the notable ones Chandana Majumdar, Kajol Dewan from Bangladesh, Daler Mehndi from India, Junoon and Hina Nasrullah from Pakistan and Sattuma from Russia will be performing in the three day long event between November 14-16.
The 2nd Summit of World Religious Leaders began in Baku
- The 2nd Summit of World Religious Leaders began in Baku, Azerbaijan held from 14-15 November, 2019.
- The Summit aims to contribute to the development of inter-religious dialogue, promotion, and evolution of such human values as mutual understanding and human solidarity.
- It has brought together religious leaders of 25 traditional religions and movements from 70 countries.
The 2nd edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held in France
- The 2nd edition of the Paris Peace Forum was held at La Grande Halle de La Villette in Paris, France from 11-13 November 2019.
- The event aimed to encourage international cooperation and collective action for a peaceful world.
- It works as an incubator to drive projects and launch new initiatives.
- The forum is held to mobilize and bring together all stakeholders.
Draft ‘Industry Guidelines on Digital Learning’ launched at 40th UNESCO General Conference
- The 40th UNESCO General Conference was held in Paris, France. The conference is to be held on 12-27 November 2019.
- In the conference, the Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ launched the Industry Guidelines on Digital Learning at the Ministerial Roundtable on Media and Information Literacy and Games in the Digital World.
- The Roundtable was jointly organized by India and Finland in partnership with UNESCO headquarters and UNESCO’s category one institute, Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development (MGIEP).
- The Draft Guidelines were developed by UNESCO MGIEP, based in New Delhi.
- The guidelines are a response to the Vizag Declaration on Digital Learning that was adopted at TECH 2018.
- Guidelines are developed to help build digital learning solutions. It will also promote active learning and build 21st-century skills, including social and emotional skills.
Daily Current Affairs – National
National Tribal Festival Aadi Mahotsav to begin today (16th Nov) in New Delhi
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah will inaugurate the National Tribal Festival “Aadi Mahotsav” in New Delhi today (16 November, 2019).
- The theme of the 15-day Mahotsav being held at Dilli Haat in INA, is celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Craft, Cuisine and Commerce.
- The tribal textiles manufactured by master tribal craftsmen from Jammu & Kashmir in the North to Tamil Nadu in the South and from Gujarat in the West to Nagaland/Sikkim in the East will be the main attractions.
Digital version of ‘Gurbani’ released by I&B Minister Prakash Javadekar
- The Union Minister for Information and Broadcasting, Shri Prakash Javadekar inaugurated All India Radio’s new Broadcast Auditorium and launched a digital version of ‘Gurbani’ of archival value as preserved in PrasarBharati Archives at New Delhi on 15 november, 2019.
- To mark the 550th Prakash Parv of Guru Nanak DevJi, ‘BaniUtsav’ – a Shabad-Kirtan Concert by eminent Raagis was also organized by the External Services Division of All India Radio.
Bali Yatra festival began in Cuttack, Odisha
- The festival ‘Bali Yatra’ was inaugurated in Cuttack, Odisha recently, which is organised at the bank of Mahanadi River every year.
- It marks the day when ancient mariners from the state would set sail to the distant land of Bali, Sumatra, Java (Jawa) in Indonesia, Borneo and Sri Lanka, for the expansion of trade and Culture.
Nitin Gadkari inaugurated Khadi Pavilion
- Union Minister of MSME and Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the Khadi Pavilion at the India International Trade Fair (IITF) in New Delhi.
- The Pavilion entrance has been themed upon Sabarmati Ashram, with melodious Shehnai celebrating the ‘spirit of Indianness’.
- A wide range of products is being displayed in the Khadi Pavilion at IITF 2019.
Daily Current Affairs – Awards
Robert De Niro to be conferred with SAG Life Achievement Award
- Hollywood veteran and double Oscar winner Robert De Niro will receive the SAG Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment.
- The SAG Life Achievement Award is given annually to an actor who fosters the “finest ideals of the acting profession”.
- He will be awarded at the upcoming Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Amit Panghal conferred Haryana Gaurav award
- India boxer Amit Panghal was conferred the Haryana Gaurav award for winning the silver medal in the World Boxing Championship. The award was conferred by the Haryana in UK Association.
- The association also honored the International Sports Curator Sunil Yash Kalra.
- The Haryana Gaurav award is presented every year to those who have been successful in leaving a mark in the field of sports.
Avneet Sidhu honoured with Guru Nanak Dev Ji Achievers Award
- Former international shooter Avneet Sidhu was honoured with Guru Nanak Dev Ji Achievers Award at Sultanpur Lodhi.
- Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh conferred the award on Avneet during the 550th birth anniversary celebrations of Guru Nanak Dev for her contribution to the field of sports.
- The state govt honoured 550 Punjabis who achieved success in their fields.
Rezwana Choudhury Bannya gets ICCR Alumni award in Dhaka
- Bangladesh singer Rezwana Choudhury Bannya has conferred the ICCR distinguished alumni award in Dhaka on 15 November, 2019. The award was given away by the High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh Riva Ganguly Das in a musical function organized by the Indira Gandhi Cultural Centre (IGCC).
- She is known for her distinctive style of singing. She has established a musical school ‘Shurer Dhara’ in Bangladesh to carry forward the Guru-Shishya tradition as practised in Shantiniketan. She is also a recipient of ‘Independence Award’ which is the highest civilian award of Bangladesh.
Daily Current Affairs – Persons
Rajat Sharma resigns as DDCA President
- Senior journalist Rajat Sharma today (16 November, 2019) resigned from the post of president of Delhi and Districts Cricket Association (DDCA).