Burning Plastic And Its III Effects
Materials like egg containers, deli containers, foam cups and meat trays are polystyrene polymers and burning r” of these materials release styrene. L Plastic that contains polyvinyl chloride (PVC) an organochlorine based substance, can cause a most dangerous emission while burning. This kind of plastic releases dioxins in harmful quantities and it’s a chemical toxin harmful for both, the environment and human beings.
Moreover, being a carcinogen, it creates hormonal imbalances in human beings. It’s hazardous for pregnant women too, because the toxins accumulate in body fat and they get transferred directly to babies via the placenta. Dioxins find several places to settle in. like crops and waterways and finally end up accumulating in our bodies through the medium of food.
Most people are not aware about the harmful effects of burning plastic and its ill effects on the environment and on human beings. It causes several health hazards like nausea, headaches, heart disease and also aggravates other respiratory complications such as emphysema or asthma. It can also affect the development and reproductive system of humans by damaging the kidneys, liver and nervous system.
- Don’t bum plastic near your home and separate all the plastic from other waste maten&s, so that it can be disposed separately without burning.
- Plastic that contains chemical substances like PVC emits dioxins, so avoid purchasing PVC plastic packed goods.
- Products made of glass and metal can be reused or refilled, so choose to use these kind of products instead of plastic as it reduces waste as well.
- Some items like leaves, garden dippings and food can be easily composted, so create compost of it.
- Instead of burning the waste plastic near your home, bring it back to the shop and ask if it can be returned to the producer for recycling.
Burning plastic causes several health hazards like nausea, headaches, heart disease and also aggravates other respiratory complications such as emphysema or asthma