Foods For Good Skin
The most powerful strategy you can employ to have beautiful skin, is to pursue optimal nutrition as the skin requires an abundant supply of nutrients to look and feel its best. So, since the skin is highly responsive to optimal nutrition, a well-balanced diet is essential to maintain a healthy skin tone. Listed below are some important dietary items one should include if perfect skin is desired.
Whole-wheat food items like whole-wheat rotis, dalia, wheat flakes and whole-wheat breads, quinoa. oats, barley, jowar, bajra, ragi, brown rice, and museli.
Low fat milk and milk products. Lean meats like chicken, fish and egg whites.
Omega 3 Rich Foods
Avocado, olive oil, salmon, tuna, walnuts, flaxseeds.
Antioxidant Rich Foods
Vitamin C foods (antioxidants) green leafy veggies, broccoli, parsley, bell peppers, papaya, asparagus, cauliflower.
- No clean ups
- No sunblock
- No vitamins for the skin
- No protein without workouts
- Ignoring acne breakouts
The skin responds best to optimum nutrition. Therefore, it is imperative to consume a balanced diet
Things To Keep In Mind
- Skin responds best to optimum nutrition and skin hygiene. Therefore, it is imperative to consume a balanced diet consisting of the above foods mentioned and to get a clean-up done periodically.
- Be it for men or women, sunblock is essential depending on the skin type.
- Vitamins as in, a multivitamin and antioxidants are imperative for skin health. A multivitamin helps in energy levels accounting to the feel good factor and thus healthy skin. Antioxidants – vitamin C and E are anti-stress, anti-aging and enhance skin health.
- Hair skin and nails are made from protein, therefor, everyone requires adequate protein.
- Acne breakouts are due to unhealthy skin habits, these can be rectified by meeting a dermatologist and by using the right face wash. Hormonal imbalances also lead to acne, which can be rectified through optimal nutrition and by avoiding junk foods.
- Balanced diet
- Promote intestinal health: consume fibre rich foods and probiotics
- Promote liver health: supplements like milk thistle are beneficial
- Optimal hydration status
- Regular exercise
- Good sleep
- Anti-stress management: practice Lbga and meditation
- Good skin hygiene
- Meet a dermatologist if acne persists O Omega 3 supplementation
- Avoid margarine
- All foods that contain hydrogenated fat
- Avoid refined flour
- Minimize alcohol
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid sugar
- Eliminate fried foods