Essential Eating Etiquette
Besides providing a method to help us socialise. dining etiquette is based on good manners and good judgment. Eating your meals following the right dining etiquette, not only establishes you as a person who is cultured but it can also help other people appreciate who you are. Dining the right way is something that everyone should master early, as it can be very useful later on in life too. Mentioned here are a few things you need to keep in mind to master the eating etiquette.
- If you are a guest at someone’s home, ills polite to wait until your host starts eating before you start.
- it is polite to leave some food on the side of the plate so, make sure you don clean the plate completely.
- The knife and fork needs to be held with the handles in your palm, forefinger on top and thumb underneath
- Making loud noises such as burping and slurping while eating is strictly not allowed.
- Talking while your mouth is full is considered unpleasant and is not at all good table manners.
- Always chew and swallow your food before taking more from your plate.
- Never take food out of your mouth with your finger nails.
- Make sure that you never ever take food out of your neighbours plate.
- Polite conversation is always very important during formal occasions. make sure to never fall silent.
- People cough, it’s only natural, but when you are sitting in front of a meal always make sure you have a napkin in handy to cover your mouth when the urge strikes you.
- Jokes are good during a meal but you would need to make sure they are not rude or offensive, especially if it is a formal occasion.
- Never get in to too loud an argument about paying the bill, if the other person insists strongly that they need to pay, it is good etiquette to relent.
- If you are at a restaurant, it is important to treat the wait staff politely and pleasantly.
- It ¡s impolite to leave the table at a formal setting if your host has not finished eating.
- Answering phone calls and messaging people during dining is not only inappropriate but also, extremely rude.
Making loud noises such as burping and slurping while eating is strictly not allowed. Also, talking while your mouth is full is considered unpleasant and is not at all good table manners