Do We Really Need To Choose Between Diet And Exercise?
Aspiring fitness enthusiasts often ask the question – which is more important, diet or exercise? We must remember that whatever we eat, adds to our calories and when we work out, we lose those calories, So, eating right and working out the right way, leads to effective weight loss and maintenance. Getting regular doses of cardiovascular and resistance training and complimenting it by eating fruits, vegetables and lean protein is the best way to optimize our overall health.
There are those who believe that exercising is the only way to shape their body and often find themselves in the gym sweating it out. But they too wonder, why they still can’t fit into those jeans even though they have been working out for almost more than a month! The reason is that, although they manage to lose calories at the gym, they pile on more calories by eating unhealthy food and food high in fat, throughout the day.
This is nothing but a weight loss plan that promises dramatic results by cutting down calories. Some people believe, that going on a ‘diet’ is the only way their body will lose weight. The principle they follow is that, when food intake is restricted, the body will lose all the extra calories. So, they become complacent with the numbers displayed on their weighing scales. However, they often wonder how they end up gaining half the weight they lost, in a month, by eating out one night.
“The combination of diet and exercise is the correct and safest way to lose weight and to maintain a healthy lifestyle”
The Combination Of Diet And Exercise
- From a logical standpoint, we don’t really have to choose between diet and exercise, as the combination of the two, is the correct and safest way to lose weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- A well-balanced blend of both diet and exercise is important for overall well-being of our health.
- What we eat and how much we eat matters to our body, while exercise regulates cardiovascular health, blood pressure and weight.
- Diet helps us in losing weight steadily and building up our energy while working out regularly, helps us tone our muscles and build our body strength.
- Combining healthy calories with daily exercise is the right way to stay fit.
- At least 30 minutes of regular exercise daily.
- works best for us to lose weight or maintain our current weight.
- Hence, conclusively, the best formula for having a good healthy body and lifestyle, is a good balanced diet with a well-planned exercise regime.