Ugadi Pachadi Recipe: Ugadi Pachadi Sadruchulu Recipe is the most popular dish in Andhra Pradesh. People treat Ugadi Pachadi as an important element in the part of Ugadi festival celebrations. Because it is a mixture of six ingredients that symbolizes six emotions of life. So, it is one of the essential dishes made on the day of Ugadi to offer god and pray for good health and wealth. Hence, we have come up with this useful article i.e., How to make Ugadi Pachadi recipe in a traditional way.
Let’s get started of knowing How to prepare Ugadi Pachadi on the day of Hindu New Year 2020!!
How To Make Ugadi Pachadi Recipe?
Before going to the main aspect of this article. First, we will know what is Ugadi Pachadi and its significance? Then, we will let you know the ingredients required and used in the 6 tastes of Ugadi Pachadi. After knowing the items needed for the recipe, you will see the easy process of making Ugadi Pachadi Recipe. So, let’s start with the first step and then follow the rest of the content. The process of preparing Ugadi Sadruchulu Pachadi is so easy and simple for beginners as well.
What is Ugadi Pachadi?
Ugadi Pachadi is a concoction of Six Different Tastes such as sweet, sour, salt, spice, bitter, and pungent. It indicates that life is a combination of Six Different Emotions like happiness, anger, sadness, fear, disgust, and surprise.
- Pungent or Astringent taste comes from raw mangoes and it represents surprises in life.
- Sweet taste comes from Jaggery & it illustrates happiness.
- Bitter taste comes from Neem flowers and it represents sadness.
- Salty taste comes from Salt & symbolizes fear of the unknown phase.
- Sour taste comes from the Tamarind and represents the unpleasantness.
- Hot or Spice comes from Chilies or Pepper & exemplifies anger.
Ugadi Day is known as Newyear for the Hindus of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana states in India also called Hindu New Year Day. Also, this festival is called with different names in various states such as Gudi Padwa in Maharashtra, Ugadi in Andhra Pradesh, and Yugadi in Karnataka.
Ingredients to be needed to prepare Ugadi Pachadi:
The items used in the Ugadi Pachadi Recipe are provided below and there is a slight variation to make a recipe from one to another. A few more other ingredients are also used for preparing the Ugadi Pachadi even tastier, those are fried gram (Putnalu Pappu), raisins, sliced banana, and cashews.
- 1 cup of water
- 1 small lemon sized tamarind
- 1 tbsp powdered jaggery
- 1 tbsp chopped raw mango
- 1 tbsp neem flower
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper powder or Chilly
After gathering all the mentioned amounts of ingredients with you, start making the Ugadi Pachadi by following the below-given steps & instructions on How to Make Ugadi Pachadi Recipe.
Step by Step Guide To Make Ugadi Pachadi Recipe for Hindu New Year Festival
- Wash the mango at first, trim the edges peel off the skin and cut into small cubes and keep it aside.
- Take tamarind in a bowl, add 1/2 cup water to it. Squeeze and extract juice from it. Eliminate the fiber part.
- Add the rest of 1/2 cup water to it. Then add powdered jaggery to it.
- Mix well with a spoon. Now add chopped raw mango pieces.
- Add neem flower to it, then required salt.
- Finally, add pepper powder or chilly powder or green chilies and give a quick stir.
- Now, Ugadi Pachadi is ready to offer Gods, after worshiping the god take a spoon of Ugadi Pachadi and consume it before having anything on that day.
According to your taste, you can add more ingredients to it. You may also omit one or two items as per your health conditions but at the time of eating, while offering to gods, Ugadi Pachadi should be prepared with all 6 different tastes.
Easy Process of Making Ugadi Pachadi Recipe in Video
Hoping that you find the best & an easy process of Ugadi Pachadi Recipe along with instructions and video to make it tastier from this article. If you need anything about the Ugadi festival like colorful Rangoli designs for Ugadi 2020, and Images for WhatsApp status, feel free to drop a comment below in the comment box. We will surely provide you with the best possibilities asap. Stay tuned to our site VersionWeekly for more Ugadi Recipes and enjoy the day by celebrating with the tasty food along with your friends, family, and neighbors.