Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020: Students can register for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission from the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission official website – kvsonlineadmission.in. Online registration for Class 1 has been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. As per the latest update, KVPY admissions will begin in the month of June 2020 (tentative). KVS Class 11 Registration will after the declaration of the KVS result for Class 10.
As per the recent notice issued by the KVS, there are some changes/modifications in the KVS Admission guidelines for the year 2020-2021. Embibe will keep you informed about the KVS admission start date and the notification release date, once published on the official website. This article has all the essential details regarding KVS Admission 2020-21.
Latest: Click Here to read the latest notice issued by the KVS regarding changes in the guidelines.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020
Before getting into the details of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020, let us have an overview of KVS:
|Name of the Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Online registration begins||April 2020 (Tentatively)|
|Mode of Application||Online/Offline|
KVS Admission Dates 2020
Let us have a look at the important dates for KV Admission 2020-21:
|Release of KVS Admission Advertisement||March 2020|
|Date of Online Registration for Class I||April 2020 (Tentative)|
|Last Date of Online Registration for Class I||To be Announced|
Who Can Apply For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission?
Candidates applying for the KVS admissions must have the original documents while filling the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission form. Children of Central Government employees, state government staff, and then, private employees, in this order, get preference in admission to Kendriya Vidyalaya.
There are five categories of seats in Kendriya Vidyalaya:
- The Central Govt employees ward gets the first preference.
- Children of Army and Ex-Army gets second preference.
- Government employees’ children get the third preference.
- Single girl child gets the fourth preference.
- Children of private or self-employed personnel get fifth/last preference.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 1
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 1 below:
- 15% of seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% seats are reserved for ST. The authorities will work out the shortfall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST after considering the number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
- 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer).
- In the second phase, the authorities will fill the remaining seats as per the existing priority category system. KVS will make use of the shortfall in the seats for SC/ST, if any, by admitting SC/ST applicants. For example, in a single section school, 6 seats are reserved for SC and 3 Seats for ST (15% for SC and 7.5% for ST). Assuming that, 2 SC candidates, 1 ST candidate, and 1 Differently Abled candidate are admitted under RTE in the lottery system in the first phase, then available SC seats will be considered as 6-2 = 4 and ST seats will be 3-1 = 2. The left out registered candidates from SC and ST category will be considered as per the order of priority categories for admission. In this case, the remaining 4 seats will be available for admission under the order of Priority of Category.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 2 To Class 8
There is no admission test/exam for admission of students in Class 2-Class 8 in Kendriya Vidyalaya. The admission is granted based on the priority category system. If applications are more than the number of seats, the authorities follow the lottery system for each category including single girl child quota (Class VI onwards).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 9
Check out the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Procedure for Class 9 below:
- KVS will conduct an admission test for admission to Class 9. The authorities will also prepare a merit list for each category of priority separately. They will grant admission in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- The authorities will conduct the admission test in the following 5 subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science and Science.
- There will be only one paper of Admission Test of 3 hours duration and 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science & Science each subject carrying 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks on an average to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission upon securing 25% on average.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission For Class 11
Admission in different streams like – Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class 11 students in Kendriya Vidyalaya will be based on the average marks scored in Class 10 exams:
- Science: A minimum of 60% marks on average in all subjects.
- Commerce: A minimum of 55% marks on average in all subjects.
- Humanities: All students of Kendriya Vidyalaya (KV) if declared successful in the Class 10 exam.
Documents Required For Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission
As per the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission guidelines, students need the following documents:
- Certificate of proof of age for Class 1 students in the form of a birth certificate issued by an authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council/Municipality/Municipal Corporation, extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel.
- For other classes, the date of birth as per the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department will be accepted. The authorities will return the original certificate of date of birth to the parent/guardian after verification.
- The authorities may grant admissions for students up to Class 8 without any school transfer certificate. However, the child needs to be otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body.
- For grandchildren of Hon’ble Member of Parliament and PSU employees, proof of relationship of either of the child’s parents with the Hon’ble Member of Parliament or PSU employees would be needed.
- Grandchildren of KVS employees should submit a proof of relationship of either of the child’s parent with the KVS employee (serving or retired).
- A Caste certificate for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/EWS/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/BPL candidates. A competent authority in concerned State Government/Union Government should issue the certificate.
- The certificate in respect of either of the parents may be accepted initially, for the purpose of admission, if this certificate is not available for the child. However, the certificate in respect of the child has to be submitted within a period of 3 months from the date of admission.
- A certificate from the civil surgeon/rehabilitation centre or any other competent authority defined by the Government of India O.M. No. 36035/5/88/Estt. (sct) dated 4.5.1999 certifying the child to be handicapped, wherever applicable. In case the handicap of the child can be visually seen by the Principal, the child may be accepted as handicapped even without a certificate. However, the parent may be advised to obtain the relevant certificate from the competent authority and submit the same to the school.
- A service certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years duly signed and stamped by the head of the office bearing the name, designation and other relevant particulars in block letters.
- A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
- In some cases, the authorities may ask for Proof of residence.
KVS Contact Details
In case of any query, parents and students can contact KVS directly:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan,
18, Industrial Area,
Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg,
New Delhi- 110016
Phone No.- 011-26858570, 26512579
Email- firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
The authorities have not yet released the official notification/details for Kendriya Vidyalaya 2020 Admission and KVS Application Form. The above information is on the basis of last year’s information brochure. As soon as Kendriya Vidyalaya releases Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 Information Brochure, details will be updated here. So, you can bookmark this page to know the updated information.
We hope this article on Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 helps you. If you have any questions, feel free to post them below. We will get back to you at the earliest.