International Yoga Day 2020: The Year of 2020 has been unprecedented for not just one reason. This Pandemic has shown us the importance of healthy living and immunity. Yoga is something that brings all these qualities together. Every year June 21st is recognized as International Yoga Day. This year due to this Pandemic most of the countries due to social distancing measures adopted “Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home” as the theme.
World Health Organization considers Yoga as a means to improve health in its Global Action Plan.
- Benefits of Yoga
- International Yoga Day Wishes, Messages to send to your near and dear ones
- Yoga Day Quotes to share on Facebook and Whatsapp
- Popular Yoga Poses to learn
- Surya namaskar by Ramdev
- How to do Tadasana?
- Padma mayurasana to learn
- How to do Trikonasana?
- Bhujangasana by Swami Ramdev
- When is International Yoga Day Celebrated?
- What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2020?
- Why is International Yoga Day Celebrated?
- Who declared International Yoga Day?
Significance of Yoga
Yoga embodies unity of mind and body, thought and action, restraint and fulfillment, harmony between man and nature; a holistic approach to health and well-being. It is not about exercise but to discover the sense of oneness within yourself, nature, and the world. Changing our lifestyles and creating consciousness can help in the well being. Let us all work towards adopting “International Yoga Day.”
Yoga comprises of several asanas which not just help for the healing of physical issues but also treats mental illness. Yoga poses include stretching of muscles. These Asanas can be of great help to remove the tiredness and laziness. You can feel more relaxed both in terms of body and mind. It is known to lower blood pressure and slow the heart rate. It can be of huge benefit to the people having higher blood pressure or heart diseases. It can be great for improvising the immune system as well as lowering cholesterol.
Share the following wishes, messages on International Yoga Day among your near and dear ones, and spread awareness among them.
- Wishing you a peaceful and healthy life on International Yoga Day.
- Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self. Happy Yoga Day!
- Yoga is like music. The rhythm of the body, the melody of the mind, and the harmony of the soul create the symphony of life. Have a Happy Yoga Day!
- You cannot always control what goes on outside, but you can always control what goes on inside! Happy Yoga Day.
- Yoga teaches us to cure what need not be endured and endure what can’t be cured. Happy Yoga Day!!
- Yoga is the practice of quieting the mind.
- Yoga is the gateway of happiness that the body needs in daily life.
- “Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame”.
- “Yoga means addition. Addition of energy, strength, and beauty to body, mind, and soul”.
- “Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom”.
- “The yoga pose you avoid the most you need the most”.
- Discover your inner peace with Yoga!
With International Yoga Day around the corner its time, you start your Yoga Journey by learning a few simple poses. Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, this year mass gatherings are not allowed. Don’t let staying in getting in the way of your yoga practice. Learn some yoga poses from the yoga video tutorials and begin your journey for better health.
- Surya Namaskar
- Padma Mayurasana
FAQs on International Yoga Day
International Yoga Day is celebrated on June 21st every year.
The theme of International Yoga Day 2020 is Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home.
International Day of Yoga is celebrated to spread awareness about the importance and effects of yoga on the health of the people.
The idea of International Day of Yoga was first proposed by the current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi.
We wish the data shed above regarding the International Yoga Day has been beneficial to you in clarifying your queries. If you need help at any point of time feel free to reach us via comment section so that we can revert back to you at the earliest possible. Bookmark our site for more information on several events happening around you at your fingertips.