With more people staying at home and likely getting bored, a new Instagram challenge has been born to keep users entertained
Instagram is no stranger to an internet trend – over the years we’ve seen people posting #ThrowbackThursday pictures, videos of the mannequin challenge and the ice bucket challenge, and many more.
The latest trend likely taking over your feed is the Until Tomorrow challenge – this is everything you need to know about it.
- What is the Until Tomorrow challenge?
- How do you get tagged in the challenge?
- What happens if you don’t do the challenge?
- What are other Instagram challenges?
- Until Tomorrow Hashtags
- FAQs on Until Tomorrow IG Challenge
The Until Tomorrow challenge sees users post a silly photo of themselves on their Instagram page, with the caption ‘Until Tomorrow’.
The photo has to stay up on their feed for the whole day before it can be deleted.
If you like one of the ‘Until Tomorrow’ pictures on your feed, you should expect to get a direct message from that person challenging you to post your own embarrassing picture.
An example message you would receive, which was posted on Twitter, would say something like: “So…. you liked my post, so you have to post an embarrassing picture of yourself, for the caption you’re ONLY allowed to write “until tomorrow” and you can only tag me.”
Alternatively, if you’re desperate to get in on the fun, but haven’t liked any photos, you can simply go ahead and post your own picture with the caption and wait for any likes to roll in.
Once your picture has been liked, you’ll need to direct message those people with the rules for the challenge.
With these kinds of internet trends, if you get challenged to take part and you don’t want to do it, nothing will happen.
Early internet chain letters and challenges usually came with a warning of “seven years of bad luck”, or something similar, but modern internet challenges usually don’t.
With more people staying inside and likely getting bored, Instagram has seen an increase in challenges – these are some trends going around at the moment, and over the past few years as well:
- The push up challenge: you have to take a video of yourself doing 10 push ups in a row, then tag three people to do the same
- The toilet paper keep up challenge: you need to post a video of you successfully doing keep ups like you would with a football – but with a roll of toilet paper. Once you’ve done that, you can tag three friends to do the same
- Bottle Cap challenge: the bottle cap challenge saw people posting videos of themselves kicking off the cap on a bottle without knocking it over
- The Dolly Parton challenge: Dolly Parton started the LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tinder challenge, posting a variety of photos of herself – and people quickly caught on
- Throwback Thursday: the hashtag #ThrowbackThursday sees people posting old, more nostalgic pictures of themselves onto the social media platform
1. What does Until Tomorrow mean?
#UntilTomorrow capitalizes on our peak boredom levels as we all attempt to pass the time. Basically, this one concentrates less on skill or entertainment, however.
2. What is an Instagram challenge?
An Instagram challenge is a kind of contest to engage your audience fully. In order to participate in it, they have to publish a photo on their account with a branded hashtag and tag one or a few friends in the caption, asking them to take part too.
3. How does the Until Tomorrow challenge work?
Here are the three steps on how it works:
- First, Post a photo or a series of photos that fit the challenge, with the caption “until tomorrow” or the hashtag #UntilTomorrow.
- Leave the photo up on your main account for 24 hours.
- Take it down, but note everyone who liked the post and direct-message them with the same challenge.
4. What is Until Tomorrow TREND on Instagram?