Railways on Thursday cancelled 84 more trains, which will not operate between March 20 and March 31 in view of coronavirus and low occupancy, officials said. With this, the total number of cancelled trains has climbed to 155.
The national transporter had cancelled around 99 trains on Wednesday night.
These include IRCTC operated two Tejas Express trains and one Humsafar Express train.
“All passengers having tickets in these 155 trains are being informed about it individually. No cancellation fee will be taken for these trains. Passengers will get 100% refund,” an official said.
Tourist specials like Maharaja, Buddhist, Bharat Darshan, and State specials have already been cancelled. The decision to cancel the Tejas service between Mumbai-Ahmedabad and New Delhi-Lucknow and the recently launched Humsafar service between Indore-Varanasi was taken on Wednesday night, officials said.
The national transporters has also issued a set of guidelines to zonal headquarters for its catering staff, stating no employee having fever, cough, runny nose or difficulty in breathing “should be deployed in the business of food handling on the Indian Railways“.
The novel coronavirus cases in India rose to 174 on Thursday after 18 fresh cases were reported from various parts of the country, according to the Health Ministry.
The cases include 25 foreign nationals -17 from Italy, three from the Philippines, two from the U.K., one each belonging to Canada, Indonesia and Singapore.
The figure also includes three deaths reported from Delhi, Karnataka and Maharashtra so far.
- What is the novel coronavirus?
- What are the symptoms of coronavirus?
- How does coronavirus spread?
- What to do to prevent getting infected with coronavirus?
- How can you detect coronavirus?
- What is the cure for coronavirus?
- How much time does it take to recover from coronavirus?
- I have the symptoms for coronavirus. What do I do now?
- Does coronavirus spread through air?
- Can coronavirus spread through faeces?
- Are face masks the best precaution against coronavirus?
- Can coronavirus spread through animal sources?
- Can coronavirus spread through pets?
- Can antibiotics cure coronavirus infection?
- The right medical advice we all need on coronavirus
- Stop buying face masks
- Stay informed