The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts the class 10th science exam in the month of February or March. Students need proper guidance and preparation strategy to score good marks in science. The class 10 science syllabus is really vast. Students should have a proper study plan so that they finish the syllabus by the end of December month and get enough time for practising the previous year’s papers and sample papers.
Some students find this subject easier while some find it difficult. So, to help students prepare in a better way for the exam we have provided CBSE class 10 Science preparation tips. These tips will work for all students.
Science is one of the scoring subjects for the candidates. In class 10, Science contains three subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Thus, you can check the preparation tips for Science also. You can check it from below:
- The theory part of Physics is very understandable. So, it is recommended that the students should understand the theory part well.
- Practice the formula based questions. These are used to be asked very frequently.
- Lens and Mirror topic is very important to score well.
- Derive the equations and practice them.
- Chemical reactions are very important for candidates to understand. Try to balance the equations.
- The periodic table is necessary for the students to learn.
- Learn the common names, their chemical formulas, chemical names, preparation, and uses.
- Choose the most important reactions, its conversions and practice it.
- Diagrams are the most important things for Biology subject.
- Learn all the important definitions.
- Some of the most important topics are the reflex action, reproductive organs of human male and female and various parts of a flower, the human brain, and respiratory system.
General Tips to be Followed Before the Exam Day
- Students must not touch any new topic before the exam day.
- Students should revise from their notes that they have created during preparation.
- Be relaxed and cool.
- Take proper sleep at night before the exam day.
- Students should make sure that they have not skipped any important topic from the syllabus.
Tips for Attempting the CBSE Class 10 Science Question Paper
While attempting the paper students must take care of the following things:
- Write the answers depending on the marks allocated to it.
- Do not get stuck to a particular question. Students must move on if they could not able to find the answer to a particular question.
- Keep an eye on the time and try to finish all the entire paper in the allocated time duration.
- Draw the diagram wherever required to explain the answer.
- Write answers in good handwriting and try to maintain it till the end of the answer sheet.
Class 10 CBSE Question Pattern for Science
|CBSE Exam Pattern 2018-2019 – Science||CBSE New Exam Pattern For 2019-2020 – Science|
|i. Question numbers 1 and 2 (Section A) are one mark questions. They are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
ii. Question numbers 3 to 5 (Section B) are two marks questions. These are to be answered in about 30 words each.
iii. Question numbers 6 to 15 (Section C) are three marks questions. These are to be answered in about 50 words each.
iv. Question numbers 16 to 21 (Section D) are 5 marks questions. These are to be answered in about 70 words each.
v. Question numbers 22 to 27 (Section E) are based on practical skills. Each question is of two marks. These are to be answered in brief.
Internal choice is given in sections B, C, D and E.
|i. All questions in Section A are one-mark questions comprising MCQ, VSA type and assertion-reason type questions. They are to be answered in one word or in one sentence.
ii. All questions in Section B are three-mark, short-answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 50 – 60 words each.
iii. All questions in Section C are five-mark, long-answer type questions. These are to be answered in about 80 – 90 words each.
This question paper consists of a total of 30 questions. Internal choice is given in each section.
How to Study for Class 10 CBSE Science Exam?
- A well-prepared study plan is required to learn complete Class 10 Science Syllabus.
- Make a note of formulae, derivations, and experiments and practice every day for 10-15 minutes to solve any problem in the exam.
- It is necessary to utilize Class 10 NCERT Textbooks to prepare whole concepts of science and to practice previous year papers and model question papers.
- Every subject contains key definitions to follow. So, maintain a sheet for all topics definitions and memorize them in free time. It aids to score more marks in the MCQ section.
- Practice CBSE Class 10 Science Sample Question Papers which are given here at low cost can ace your accuracy by solving various problems and theorem-based questions.