Is Stress Making You Fat?
Nowadays, humankind is suffering from a chronic disease called stress and it is a well-known fact that constant stress leads to various body-mind disorders such as depression. anxiety, tension, insomnia, muscle cramps, dizziness. unhealthy binge eating leading to weight gain and various chronic health problems.
Stress or negative thoughts also lead to a major hormone imbalance that causes one to eat more but still be less satisfied. And though it may not be possible to eliminate stressful situations from our lives, ¡t is a must to change the way we respond and handle stressful situations. Managing stress involves various lifestyle changes including taking charge of our lives and balancing our work, relationships, taking regular breaks and most of all not eating junk food for comfort.
Holistic Nutrition is all about balancing all the important elements of life especially with regard to what one eat, as the mind and body are closely interrelated – it is a conventional approach in today’s world that takes all aspects of life into consideration. It involves the designing of customized meal plans and physical activity that fits into a person’s existing lifestyle.
Holistic nutrition also advocates making the best choices regarding the food you eat and does not harp on restriction, but encourages an understanding of the kind of food you consume, going easy on yourself and doing the best you can, for your day-to-day living.
When a person starts eating more real, healthy meals and is well nourished, automatically the junk food cravings decline and this keeps the mind and body calm, thus helping in coping with stressful situations better.
Holistic Nutrition is all about balancing all the important elements of life, especially with regard to what we eat
Benefits Of A Holistic Nutrition Diet
- Weight loss and management
- Better sleep, mood and energy levels
- Improved skin tone
- Strengthened immune system
- Balanced blood sugar
- Reduced cholesterol and blood pressure level
- Improved digestion and relief from constipation
- Positive and relaxed approach towards life
A diet based on holistic nutrition also helps in preventing day to day chronic ailments like acid reflux, gas, stomach issues, diabetes, obesity, arthritis. fatigue, blood pressure problems etc.
The holistic approach
The holistic approach is about making small changes in one’s dietary habits and lifestyle that can make big differences in the long run – It is about making sustainable changes for life. And it’s never too late to take charge of your life by adopting some basic guidelines like:
- Drinking lots of water
- Reducing sodium intake
- Eating seasonal and fresh fruits
- Adding fibre to your diet
- Cutting down on caffeine
- Trying different food and experimenting with recipes.
- Making healthy swaps – like dark chocolate instead of regular chocolate.
- Skipping artificial sweeteners and opting for honey or brown sugar instead.
- Taking out 10 minutes every morning for some yogic breathing.
- Including basic physical activity on a daily basis.
- Taking some time out every day for leisure.
Only when your body and mind are at ease and aligned, you can be completely involved in the present moment and experience the magic of life in each and every moment.