Indulge In A Chocolate Facial
Over the past years, there have been a number of discussions with regard to chocolate. Some people are of the opinion that eating a piece of chocolate each day, is great for health. Still, some others are in favour of applying it to the face and body and based on this notion, several salons and cosmetic clinics are now offering chocolate body wraps and chocolate facials,
Today, chocolate is being used in the tom of creams, scrubs and even face masks! Since chocolate is one of the most sought-after beauty treatments, here’s no doubt then, that chocolate definitely has plenty of benefits. Some of these benefits are listed below:
- Chocolate is known to improve the complexion of the skin and keep it healthy and glowing.
- If you have a bad tan, a chocolate facial can help take care of it, because chocolate is known to have de-tanning properties.
- Chocolate is naturally high in antioxidants, which is why it keeps skin looking healthier and younger.
- Chocolate is also known to have anti-ageing properties. and a chocolate facial will help remove fine lines and delay the appearances of wrinkles.
- Studies have shown that chocolate can increase the production of collagen, which means that skin will continue to feel bouncy and supple for a longer time.
- Regular chocolate facials help lighten blemishes that one might have and also helps tackle marks that may have been left behind by acne.
- Chocolate has natural hydration properties and by getting a chocolate facial, your skin will get the hydration that it requires.
- Perhaps the biggest advantage of a chocolate facial is that it suits all skin types, which means that anyone can indulge in a chocolate facial.
- It is a great way to destress after a long week. So just pamper your face, body and mind!
D.I.Y – Chocolate Facial
- Cleanse your face with raw milk and turmeric or rosewater and gram flour.
- Create a scrub by grinding together brown sugar and coffee beans and apply this to your face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes.
- After the scrub, use a store bought chocolate paste as a massage cream.
- Then, dean your face with water.
- Finish it with a chocolate pack, which can be washed oft, once dry.
Facts About FACIALS
A facial is considered the best way to take care of your skin. However. to get the most out of your facial it should be carried out by an expert esthetician. In addition to providing nourishment, a facial dears the skin exfoliates it. It also helps the skin look younger and attractive.
Basic Steps For A Facial
Before starting a facial you should have a proper consultation with an esthetician He or she will take in all the necessary information or give you a form to fill regarding your diet, any product you are using, medication or any supplements you take. Based on this information, the esthetician will recommend a treatment that will suit you.
The esthetician will wrap your hair with a headband before beginning the facial process. It starts with thorough cleansing of the skin that is normally done, using a cotton pad or sponges.
The esthetician thoroughly examines your skin and decides what type it is since skin may be of varied nature, such as oily, dry, sensitive or normal. The skin condition is also taken into consideration while the esthetician decides about the appropriate products for your treatment.
A thin vapour of warm steam is directed to your skin in most facial processes as this helps relax the skin and softens up black and whiteheads. But before applying the steam vapour, the esthetician may note your skin type.
Extraction of the skin is done after thorough cleansing and exfoliation is over. This procedure is used by the esthetician to remove the blackheads and whiteheads on the skin.
Massage And Mask
The massage es done during your facial process to relax and stimulate the skin and facial muscles. And the facial mask is a part of the facial process that takes place after cleansing, exfoliation and extraction. It is applied to treat your skin condition or type.
Exfoliating leaves the skin smooth and fresh looking. Mechanical or chemical exfoliating is used on the skin to rub away the dead skin cells. When the dead skin is physically rubbed oft, using procedures like salt glow or skin brushing, it is called mechanical exfoliation. Chemical exfoliation like facial peels use enzyme and acids to break the bond between skin cells and allows them to be sloughed away.