Narendra Modi Education Scholarship Scheme 2019: Our Respective PM, Narendra Modi has announced Scholarship Schemes for Class 10th and 12th Students on basis of Marks. This Scholarship Scheme is disbursed in the name of Abdul Kalam and Atal Bihari Vajpayee for the academic Year of 2019. For students who are willing to go for higher studies, this scheme is helpful to them to go for higher education. Scholarship Scheme is based on board exam Marks, and scholarship payment is different for different marks. Read on to know more about how to apply for Scholarship, Scholarship Amount, Eligibility Criteria, Qualification, Education Scholarship Registration.
Scholarship Scheme Details for Class 10th and 12th
Students who passed in Board Exams of class 10th and 12th can apply for this Scholarship Scheme 2019. PM Modi gave opportunities for Students to grow in their Education Carrer.
Number of Scholarships Available / Amount
- A total number of 5500 wards/widows of Ex-servicemen are selected for Scholarship in each academic year.
- Scholarships are equally divided amongst boys and girls.
- Scholarships are paid for a period of one to five years as per the duration of the courses approved by the concerned regulatory bodies.
- The scholarship amount is paid annually to the selected students.
- Scholarship Amount, 2000/- PM For Boys and 2250/- PM For Girls
Students Eligible for Scholarship
- Students who have taken admission in 1st year (except Lateral Entry & Integrated course) are only eligible to apply for PMSS. Students must apply online on KSB web portal www.ksb.gov.in. Students should have scored 60% and above in Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) i.e 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation.
- Students studying in 2nd and subsequent years are not eligible. (except for integrated courses – where the 1st portion is academic and 2nd portion is integrated as a professional course, in such cases student need to apply for the scholarship on taking admission as per ‘Para 16 of Important Instructions’ available at link PMSS – New Application – How to Apply for Scholarship.
- Students who are Dependent Wards / Widows of Ex-Servicemen & Ex-Coast Guard personnel.
- Wards of Civilians including Para-Military Personnel are Not Eligible.
Priority for Grant of Scholarship
Order of preference for selection of candidates will be as under
- Category 1 – Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
- Category 2 – Wards of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
- Category 3 – Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 4 – Wards of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
- Category 5 – Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
- Category 6 – Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex-Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
The Eligibility Criteria for PMSS Courses are as Under
- First Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, B Pharma, etc. duly recognized by the respective Government Regulatory Bodies, such as All India Council for Technical Education, Medical Council of India, UGC, etc.
- Master Degree Courses are not eligible for PMSS except MBA / Management / MCA Courses.
- Students studying abroad are not eligible for this scheme. No distance learning course is permitted under PMSS. PMSS can be availed for ONE COURSE only
Minimum Eligible Marks in MEQ
Minimum Educational Qualification (MEQ) for entry to various professional courses differs e.g. for MBBS it is 10+2 whereas for BE/B Tech it is 10+2 / Diploma, It is graduation for B.Ed and MBA. A candidate must have minimum 60% marks in MEQ to apply for PM Scholarship Scheme. All subjects will be taken for calculation of 60% marks and not out of best subjects.
Tamil Nadu State Education Scholarship Scheme Details
Scholar Ship Scheme for School Students
|S.No||Name of the Scholarship||Instituted By/Donor||Value of Scholarship||Norms for scholarship|
|1||Prime Minister Scholarship||Govt. of India||To the wards of Ex-serviceman|
|2||Municipal Corporation School Students Scholarship||T.N. Urban Finance and Infrastructure Development Corpn. Ltd., Ch-35||School toppers from Corporation School|
|3||Cine/Beedi Workers Scholarship from Ministry of Labour, GOI||Govt. of India/Ministry of Labour||Wards of Cine/Beedi workers|
|4||Handicapped Scholarship from State Govt.||T.N. Govt.||(application forwarded only and disbursement of scholarship)|
|5||Police Centenary Scholarship||Tamil Nadu Govt.||To the Wards of Police Dept. Employees|
|6||FAEA Scholarship||Foundation for Academic Excellence & Access, New Delhi.||www.faeaindia.org.||(application forwarded only and disbursement of scholarship)|
|7||Postal Scholarship||Postal Department||issue bonafide only|
|8||Rangachariar Memorial Education Trust Scholarship||Rangachariar Memorial Education Trust, Chennai 28.||issue bonafide only|
|9||T.N. Agriculture Labour Welfare Society Scholarship||T.N. Agriculture Labour Welfare Society.||issue bonafide only|
|10||IAFBA SUBROTO Memorial Scholarship||IAFBA SUBROTO Memorial||issue bonafide only|
|11||BSNL Scholarship||To the Wards of Employees of BSNL||issue bonafide only|
|12||Sophia Merit Scholarship||Sophia Merit Scholarships Inc.||www.Sophiascholarship.org||issue bonafide only|
|13||NLC Scholarship||NLC||To the Wards of Employees of NLC.||issue bonafide only|
|14||SBI Scholarship||SBI||To the Wards of Employees of SBI.||issue bonafide only|
|15||Port Trust Scholarship||Port Trust||To the Wards of Employees of Port Trust.||issue bonafide only|
|16||Railway Scholarship||Railway||To the Wards of Employees of Railway.||issue bonafide only|
|17||Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme||LIC||Based on merit||issue bonafide only|