10 Lines & Easy Speech on 72nd India’s Republic Day: Republic Day is celebrated ever since India got its constitution into force i.e. from 1950. Every year the whole nation celebrates this day with great joy. People Commemorate the importance of our freedom and it is a National Holiday. However, Schools, Colleges, and Offices organize many events like Competitions, Debates, March Past, etc. They even conduct competitions for Essay on Republic Day to encourage students and let them know the importance of the national festival. President of India Initiates the Celebrations and salutes the tricolor flag. People of India Celebrate this national festival in their own way.
- What is meant by Republic day?
- Why India Celebrates Republic Day?
- Which Republic Day is this year 2021?
- When was the first Republic Day of India Celebrated?
- Who takes Military Salute on Republic Day of India?
- At which Location Republic day parade starts?
- How to attend the Republic Day Parade in Delhi?
Ten Lines on Republic Day in English
Indian Republic Day teaches us to respect our Constitution written by B.R. Ambedkar and also celebrate our “Swaraj.” We have listed a few lines that depict the significance of celebrating the national festival Republic Day. You can use these in your essay or Republic Day Speech and turn it into an inspirational one. Make use of the below lines and deliver an effective speech in your school or college.
Ten Lines on Republic Day Celebrations – Set 1
- Republic Day is celebrated on 26th January every year in India.
- On this day in 1950, the Constitution was adopted.
- India became a secular and democratic country on this day.
- On this day all the offices and institutions remain close as this day is a national holiday.
- Schools, colleges, and other educational institutions celebrate this day with great pomp and show.
- Students actively participate in debates, painting competitions, singing, dancing, etc.
- In New Delhi, the capital of India, a huge parade is conducted by Army, Navy, and Airforce.
- VIPs from different countries are invited as chief guests.
- National Flag is hoisted at Red Fort and thousands of people gather there to watch the celebrations.
- This day gives the message of unity, harmony, and equality.
Ten Lines on Republic Day Celebrations – Set 2
- Republic Day in India is annually celebrated on the 26th Day of January.
- Post Independence, the first Republic Day was celebrated on the 26th of January, 1950.
- Our Constitution came into force on this day, and hence this day is very important for the citizens of India.
- Our Constitution is the largest written constitution in the world.
- Our Constitution provides for equality and made our country a “Democratic Republic”.
- A grand Republic Day celebration is held in the Capital city (New Delhi) that lasts for three days.
- India displays its rich heritage and strong defense capabilities.
- The Indian forces (Indian Army, Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force) take part in the parade.
- Functions are held at Schools and public places where people sing the National Anthem – “Jana Gana Mana”.
- On this day, we remember Dr. B. R. Ambedkar (the chief architect of our Constitution), and freedom fighters such as Mahatma Gandhi, Jawaharlal Nehru, and Subhash Chandra Bose.
10 Lines on Republic Day Celebrations – Set 3
- Republic Day is one of the major national festivals of India celebrated with great pride and patriotism throughout the country.
- This day commemorates one of the greatest historical events of India when the ‘Constitution of India’ came into force.
- The country celebrates this day by organizing various events and activities based on the Indian independence struggle.
- Schools, colleges and private/public offices conduct the National Flag hoisting ceremony and organize many cultural events.
- States celebrate Republic Day by hoisting National Flag in their capital, singing of National Anthem, and organizing parades by the cadets and police department.
- The limelight of the Republic Day celebration is witnessed in New Delhi at Rajpath where the President of India hoists the tricolor and receives a guard of honor from the Armed Forces.
- Contingents from all the three wings of the Armed Forces march in sync with the tune of their bands in the Republic Day parade at Rajpath.
- The country also showcases its military capabilities to the world through most modern arms and weapon systems.
- States showcase their rich cultural and religious heritage through their tableaux and folk songs and dances in the parade.
- Republic Day celebration paints the country into a tricolor of patriotism, peace, and prosperity.
Republic Day is a day to remember as it is the day on which India’s constitution came into force and completed the transition of becoming an independent republic. It tells us about the ordeal that our freedom fighters have gone through to achieve it. Celebrations happen all over the country with great pomp.