JEE Main 2020 Application Form – Today is the last date to submit JEE Main application form 2020. You can pay fee until October 11, 2019. To apply, access the link below and register by entering personal details, contact details, by choosing password, etc. After registration, you can access JEE Main application form and fill details in it, upload images, pay application fee. The amount of fee is Rs. 325 for SC / ST / PwD / Transgender / Female and Rs. 650 for rest of the candidates. Aadhaar is not mandatory but candidates need 1 photo id proof to register. Correction facility starts from October 14, 2019. Know more details on JEE Main 2020 application form from this page.
The JEE Main 2020 application process consists of JEE Main 2020 registration, filling JEE Main Application Form, Uploading required JEE Main 2020 documents and payment of JEE main registration 2020 fee. First of all, candidates will have to check their JEE Main 2020 eligibility announced by NTA. Candidates will have to fill the JEE Main application form 2020 can pay their JEE Main 2020 Registration fee through net banking/credit card/debit card/UPI/PayTM (Online) or e-challan (Offline) mode. Besides that, there is also a change in the JEE main 2020 application fee structure.
In this article, we will provide you with all the necessary information regarding JEE Main Application Form Fees, Requirements, Correction, Dates etc., Read on to find out everything about JEE Main 2020 Application Form.
Latest News: JEE Main 2020 registration ends on today, on October 10, 2019. Click here for JEE Main Application Form.
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Online Registration
JEE Main Application Form Dates for January & April Attempts are tabulated below:
|Examination||JEE Main January 2020 Dates||JEE Main April 2020 Dates|
|JEE Main Registration Dates||September 3, 2019||February 7, 2020|
|Last Date To Fill JEE Main Application Form||September 30, 2019Revised Date – 10th October 2019||March 7, 2020|
|JEE Main Correction Dates||October 11 to 17, 2019||To Be Announced|
|JEE Main Admit Card||December 6, 2019||March 16, 2020|
|JEE Main Exam Dates||January 6 to 11, 2020||April 3, to 9. 2020|
|JEE Main Result||January 31, 2020||April 30, 2020|
Since JEE Main Exam is conducted twice a year, the officials will release the JEE Main Application Form separately for both the attempts. JEE Main Application form for January attempt that is for the first attempt, the application will be available from 2nd September 2019 and whereas for the April Attempt, the application form will be available from February 7, 2020.
JEE Main Application Form 2020- Eligibility Criteria
It is advised that candidates check their JEE Main Application Form Requirements and JEE Main eligibility criteria before filling out the application form of JEE Main 2020. The JEE Main 2020 Eligibility Criteria to fill up the JEE Main Application Form for January Session & April Session are listed below:
- Educational Qualification: At least five subjects in Class 12/ Qualifying Examination (QE) and Candidates with only four subjects are not permitted to write JEE Main 2020.
- Year of Appearance in QE: Candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2018 or 2019. Those appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent QE in 2020 are also eligible.
- Number of Attempts: Candidates can appear for JEE Main exam for three consecutive years. As the JEE Main exam will be conducted twice, candidates can appear for the exam both the times. However, the attempt for a particular academic year will be considered as one attempt only.
- Admission To NITs, IITs, GFITs – Candidates who wish to secure admission in NITs, IITs, GFITs must secure at least 75% marks in Class 12 or they should be in the top 20 percentile in the Class 12 exam conducted by their respective boards. For SC/ST candidates, they must secure at least 65% in Class 12.
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Requirments
Candidates must have an active email id and phone number before filling the JEE Main 2020 Application Form. In order to access JEE Main 2020 Application Form, candidates will have to register themselves first by completing the authentication form. Before filling up the JEE Main 2020 Application Form, candidates must have some important documents in their hand to fill the form.
Documents Required For JEE Main Registration 2020
The JEE Main Application Form Requirments are tabulated below:
|JEE Main Application Form Requirments For Indian Students||JEE Main Application Form Requirments For Foreign Students|
|Candidates Photograph in JPEG Format||Candidates Photograph in JPEG Format|
|Candidates Signature in JPEG Format||Candidates Signature in JPEG Format|
|Aadhaar Number/Passport Number/Ration Card Number/Bank Account Number or any other valid Government ID Number (any one of the proof)||Identity proof of the candidate|
|Class 10 Marksheet||Citizenship certificate/Passport of both the parents|
|Caste Certificate for SC/ST||Birth certificate for age proof|
|Class 12 Marksheet||Class XII mark sheet/certificate (must clear 75 % cut-off)|
|Date of Birth Proof Certificate||–|
Candidates must upload the photograph and signature in JEE Main Application Form as per the following format:
|Photograph||JPG / JPEG||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Signature||JPG / JPEG||4 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Registration Steps
The JEE Main Application Form Registration Steps are given below:
- Personal and Academic Details
- Uploading Documents (Photos and Signature)
- Fee Payment
- Confirmation Page Printout
How To Fill JEE Main Application Form 2020?
The steps to fill out the JEE Main 2020 Application Form are listed below:
Step 1 – Visit the official website of JEE Main and in the homepage click on the button “Apply for JEE Main 2020”.
Step 2 – The page will be directed. Now look into the “Fresh Candidate Registration” box and click on “Proceed to Apply”.
Step 3 – The page will be directed again to JEE Main Application Form Instructions Page. Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and hit the button “Proceed to Apply Online”.
Step 4 – Now JEE Main 2020 Authentication Form will be displayed on the screen. Candidates must enter all the necessary details in the JEE Main Authentication Form. The list of details to be entered are as follows:
- State of Eligibility
- Identification Type ID
- Identification ID No
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)
- Enter Security Pin (Case-Sensitive) Captcha
Step 5 – Click on “Submit”
Step 6 – Now the page will be directed to JEE Main Application Form. Here candidates should enter the following details:
Personal Details :
- Name of the candidate
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Person with Disability
- Place of residence
- Complete mailing address
- Date of Birth
- Year of passing class 10th or equivalent
- School Board of class 12th/qualifying examination
- Name of the qualifying exam passed/appearing
- Place of class 12th/qualifying exam schooling
- Year of passing or appearing class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Type of institution of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Percentage of marks in class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Roll number of class 12th/Qualifying exam
- Appeared/Appearing for improvement of class 12th/Qualifying exam in all the 4/5 subjects as per the scheme of the board
- Mode of preparation
- Name of the college/school from where passed/appearing
- Address of the school/college from where passed or appearing
Exam Related Details
- Applying for (Paper 1/Paper 2)
- Exam Mode
- 1st choice of exam city
- 2nd choice of exam city
- 3rd choice of exam city
- 4th choice of exam city
- Question Paper Medium
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Landline number
- Father’s/Guardian’s qualification
- Father’s/Guardian’s Occupation
- Father’s/Guardian’s annual income
- Mother’s qualification
- Mother’s occupation
- Mother’s annual income
- Declaration by the candidate
- Declaration by Father/Mother/Guardian
- The Password must have 8 to 13 characters
- It should have at least one Upper case, at least one Lower case alphabet and at least one numeric value.
- Among these special characters – !@#$%^&*-, the password should have at least one special characters.
- To proceed further candidates have to click on the Next button.
Now enter the Security Pin Captcha and click on the button “Submit and Review”.
Here candidates will find a popup or dialogue box where they have to verify their mobile number and email id. A verification code will be sent to candidates registered mobile number and email id and candidates must enter the OTP in the specified box. After successful verification candidates will be able to proceed for uploading the documents.
While filling the JEE Main Application Form, candidates must enter all the necessary details which are true and upload the necessary documents in the required format as specified by the officials. Candidates are advised to be careful while filling up the JEE Main 2020 Application Form as the data entered in the application form will be used at the time of admission. Candidates must fill-up the JEE Main Application Form 2020 within the specified time limit. No application form will be accepted by the officials after the deadline. It is to be noted that the JEE Main Application Form released on 2nd September is for January attempt. The officials will release a separate JEE Main 2020 Application Form for April attempt on February 7.
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Documents To Be Uploaded
After successful verification of contact details, aspirants will be able to upload the documents. In order to upload documents in the documents, click on “Upload Scanned Images”. Candidates are advised to upload the documents within the stipulated time.
The format for uploading the documents in JEE Main 2020 Application Form is tabulated below:
|Size||10KB to 200KB||3.5cm x 4.5cm|
|Dimension||4 KB to 30KB||3.5cm x 1.5cm|
JEE Main 2020 Registration Fee
After uploading the documents successfully, candidates must process the JEE Main 2020 Application fee. The payment can be made through Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, UPI/ PAYTM or through e- challan (during the bank hours). The JEE Mains 2020 Registration fee for different categories are tabulated below:
|Fee Payable for JEE Main 2020||In India||Outside India|
|General/ Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Boys – 650/-
Girls – 325/-
|Boys – 3000/-
Girls – 1500/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – 325/-
Girls – 325/-
|Boys – 1500/-
Girls – 1500/-
|B.E/B.Tech & B.Arch
B.E/B.Tech & B.Planning
B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning
B.Arch & B.Planning
|General/ Gen-EWS/OBC (NCL)||Boys – 1300/-
Girls – 650/-
|Boys – 6000/-
Girls – 3000/-
|SC/ST/PwD/Transgender||Boys – 650/-
Girls – 650/-
|Boys – 3000/-
Girls – 3000/-
Modes of Fee Payment:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
- UPI/ PAYTM or through e- challan (during the bank hours) using online payment gateway facility in State Bank of India
It is to be noted that candidates cannot pay JEE Mains Application Fee through any other mode like Money Order, DD or Demand Draft, IPO etc., And if candidates pay by this mode then their application form would be rejected. JEE Main Application Fee will not be refunded or returned under any situations. No request for refund of JEE Main Application fee will be entertained by NTA, once candidate pays the fee.
JEE Main Application Form – How To Pay JEE Main 2020 Application Fee?
- Initially, candidates should take the printout of e-challan from the SBI MOPS page and the print out should be taken in A4 size sheet which should also consist the bank reference number and details of the candidate.
- After taking the printout, the candidates must visit any of the nearest branches of State Bank of India to deposit the fee in cash.
- Once the fee is paid, the CBS system of SBI will modernise the payment status as “Paid or Successful“. It is to be noted that the payment status will be done by MOPS only and candidates must Pay JEE Main Application Fee within the prescribed time period.
JEE Main Application Form – How To Check JEE Main Application Fee Status?
Candidates will have to visit the NTA Official website check their status of JEE Main 2020 application fee payment. If the status is ‘OK’ the candidate will be able to download a printout of Confirmation Page
Candidates must take the printout of the confirmation page only if the JEE Main Application Fee page shows “Payment Status – Successful“. If the page shows that the payment is not confirmed, then aspirants must follow the steps as listed below:
- JEE Main Application Fee Payment Through e-Challan – If candidates have paid through e-Challan, then candidates will have to contact the concerned SBI branch for Fee Payment Status Updation.
- JEE Main Application For Online Payment – Aspirants will have to pay the JEE Main Application fees again as it means that the earlier payment was not successful. If the JEE Main Application fee is debited already then that will be refunded within 7 days.
JEE Main Application Form – Choice Of Medium Of Question Papers
While filling out the JEE Main Application Form, candidates have a choice to choose their medium of question papers. Candidates can choose any one of the subject – English, Hindi, Gujarati as their medium of the exam. But candidates who choose their JEE Main exam centre at Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli will be eligible to choose their medium of the question paper as Gujarati. List of choice of medium question papers available in JEE Main Application Form are listed below:
- Gujarati (only for Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli students)
Previous Year Analysis Of JEE Main Application Form
The previous year analysis of JEE Main Application Form are tabulated below:
JEE Main Previous Year Registration Analysis
|JEE Main 2019 April||9.34 Lakh|
|JEE Main 2019 January||Paper 1: 9,29,198Paper 2: 1,80,052|
|JEE Main 2018||11,48,000|
|JEE Main 2017||11,98,989|
|JEE Main 2016||12,07,257|
|JEE Main 2015||13,04,217|
|JEE Main 2014||13,56,000|
|JEE Main 2013||12,82,000|
|JEE Main 2012||12,20,000|
JEE Main Application Form 2020 FAQs
Q. How to retrieve JEE Main Application Password?
A: Candidates can retrieve the JEE Main Application Password by following the steps given below:
- Candidates who filled out the JEE Main Application Form must visit the JEE Main Candidate Login window.
- After visiting the page, candidates must click on the button “I can’t access my account” button.
- Now a list of options will appear on the screen, where candidates must click on the option “I forgot my password”.
- Here the officials will give candidates three options to retrieve the JEE Main 2020 password and the options given are listed below:
a) Use Security Question and Its Answer Chossen during JEE Main 2020 Registration.
b) Using Verification Code sent via text message (SMS) to the candidates registered mobile number
c) Using reset link which will be sent via Email ID to the candidates register Email Adress.
- Candidates can opt for any of the above options and follow the instructions as displayed on the screen to retrieve the JEE Main Application Password.
Q: Can Aadhaar Number also be updated?
A: Yes, candidates will get the opportunity to edit Aadhaar details in the application form.
Q: I was unable to book the date for online examination after paying the fees. Now, how will the date and session be determined?
A: In this case, the exam date and slot will be assigned randomly. The details of it will be informed by the admit card.
Q: In which particulars, JEE Mains correction in application form allowed?
A: Candidates can modify the particulars such as paper-1 to paper-2 and vice-versa or select both papers of his/her application form. The balance fee (if any) will be charged during that correction period.
Q: If a candidate has applied for paper-1 and paper-2 but do not want to appear for any one of the papers?
A: It is no compulsion to appear for both the papers. Candidate can opt for any of the paper of his/her choice but its application fee will not be refunded.
Q. What are the documents required for JEE Mains application form?
A. The list documents required for JEE Main Application Form are valid photo ID proof, Class 10 Mark sheet or Certificate, Class 12 mark sheet or certificate (only if available), Recent Photograph and scanned document of candidates signature.
Q. How can I apply for JEE exam 2020?
A. In order to apply for JEE Main 2020 exam, candidates must fill out the JEE Main 2020 Application Form. The JEE Main Application form for January attempt or the first attempt will be available from 2nd September 2019.
Q. What is the application fee for JEE Main 2020?
A. The JEE Main Application Fee will vary based on the candidate’s category and gender. The JEE Main Application fee is tabulated below:
|JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centres in India)|
|JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 500 (Boys)Rs 250 (Girls)||Rs 250 (Boys)Rs 250 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 900 (Boys)Rs 450 (Girls)||Rs 450 (Boys)Rs 450 (Girls)|
|JEE Main 2020 application fee (For examination centre opted abroad)|
|JEE Main Paper-1 or JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 2000 (Boys)Rs 1000 (Girls)||Rs 1000 (Boys)Rs 1000 (Girls)|
|Both JEE Main Paper-1 and JEE Main Paper-2||Rs 3000 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)||Rs 1500 (Boys)Rs 1500 (Girls)|
- 1st Step – Registration
- 2nd Step – Personal and Academic Details
- 3rd Step – Uploading Documents
- 4th Step – Fee Payment
- 5th Step – Confirmation Page Printout
Q. How to fill the JEE (Main) Application Form 2020?
A. First of candidates who wish to appear for JEE Main exam must know what are the things required to fill JEE Mains Form. After knowing the JEE Main Application Form Requirements, candidates must visit the official website of jeemain.nic.in to fill the JEE (Main) Application Form.
- Visit the official website of JEE Main to fill the JEE Main Online Form.
- While filling out the JEE Main Application form, mark yourself as EWS Category.
Hence you are applying for JEE Main 2020 exam under EWS Category.
Q. While filling out JEE Main Application Form, should I upload any of the documents for EWS Category?
A. No, candidates don’t require to upload any documents for the proof of EWS Category in JEE Main exam. But candidates require to upload documents in JEE Advanced Application Form.
Q. Can we fill JEE Main Application or Online form twice?
A. No Candidates can fill up the JEE Main Application for January attempt only once. If he/she needs to appear for the JEE Main Application form again then they can fill for the April Attempt.
Q. Can I appear for the JEE Mains in 2020 if I already attempted the exam in January 2019 and also appearing in April 2019?
A. Yes, candidates who took their JEE Mains Exam in January & April 2019 are eligible to fill out the JEE Main 2020 Application Form and take JEE Mains 2020 exam.
Q. Is JEE Main Application Form Available in Offline Mode?
A. No JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be available in Online mode only and the JEE Mains Application will be not be accepted through any other means except online mode.
Q. What if I Pay JEE Main Application Fee through Money Order?
A. If candidates pay JEE Main Application fee through IPO, money order or demand draft, then their JEE Main 2020 Application Form will be rejected.
Q. How can I pay JEE Main Application Fee?
A. Candidates must pay JEE Main Application Fee only through the Online mode. Candidates can pay JEE Main Application Form only through credit/debit card/ Net Banking or e-challan generated during the online filling of the JEE Main application form using online payment gateway facility in State Bank of India.
Q. Can I make changes in GATE Application Form through offline mode as such as Fax or letter?
A. No, candidates cannot make any changes in GATE Application Form 2020 through fax/letter/application including e-mail etc.
Q. What are the language mediums I can choose in GATE Application Form?
A. Candidates can choose their medium of Question Paper either in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
Q. What are the recommended browsers for JEE Main Registration?
A. The recommended websites for JEE Main Registration are given below:
Google Chrome 3.0
Mozilla 3.0 and above
Internet Explorer 9 and above
Q. JEE Main Application Form – Contact Details of JEE Main?
A. Candidates who are having any doubts or queries related to JEE Mains Application Form, they can contact the officials through the following address:
NTA (National Testing Agency),
Block C-20 1A/8, Sector- 62
IITK Outreach Centre, Gautam Buddh Nagar
Noida-201309, Uttar Pradesh (India)
Contact No. : 0120 6895200
Email : jeemain-nta[at]nic[dot]in or email@example.com
JEE Main Application Form 2020 – Correction
The officials of NTA will allow candidates to correct the information in their JEE Main 2020 application form through the JEE Main Correction window. Candidates will be able to change all the details in their JEE Main 2o20 Application Form expect the exam centre details To make corrections the candidates need their application number, password/date of birth. The candidates are charged a certain amount of fees to make correction in the certain field of the application form.
So, now let us take a look at the detailed steps required to correct JEE Main application form 2020:
- a. Visit the official website at jeemain.nic.in.
- b. Click on the link”Link Will Be Provided when correction window is open“
- c. You will be redirected to a page where you must fill in your login details such as your application number, password, security pin, and pin. (Only registered candidates will possess all these details).
- d. Click the” login “ button after filling in the required details.
- e. Make necessary changes to the application form and cross-check them once again before submitting.
- f. Post verification of your details, click on Submit button.
The corrections will be made to your JEE Main application form 2020. Candidates can refer to this article for more details on the image correction from below.
Details that can be edited on JEE Main Application Form 2020
Candidates can change the following details on the JEE Main Application Form :
- a. Option to change papers or opt for both
- b. Spelling mistakes in personal details
- c. Name, Date of birth
- d. Education details
- e. Medium fo examination
- f. Category change
JEE Main Application Form 2020 Correction Fees
The additional fee (if applicable) should be paid by the candidates either through credit/debit card/Ewallet (SBI buddy/Paytm) or through e-challan generated during the online correction by cash in the Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank.
JEE Main Application Form Image Corrections
Those students who have uploaded wrong images can correct their images during the correction period. Below we have mentioned the procedure to make the correction in the uploaded images:
- Click on the official website link
- A login page will be opened on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like Application Number, Password, and security code.
- Click on the “Login” button
- Select the images with the correct specification and upload them.
- Take a printout of the corrected application for further use.
JEE Main Application Form: Account Recovery
In order to retrieve JEE Main application account details in case you forget your password or application number:
- Go to JEE Main login page.
- On the sign-in box for registered candidates, click on “I can’t access my account?”.
- If you have forgotten your password, select “I forgot my password” and then click on “Continue”.
- You will be given 3 options to reset your password. Choose any.
- Enter the details in the specified fields and click on “Submit”.