GK Current Affairs Quiz 05th November 2019 with Questions and Answers: General Knowledge section of Versionweekly aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. Instantly obtain Latest Daily Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 05 November 2019 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation.
GK or General Awareness section can be the easiest section in all government, banking, SSC, railways exams when followed regularly. Aspirants of competitive exams such as IBPS, UPSC, SSC, SSC CPO, SSC CGL, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, IBPS, Railways, Government Jobs, UPPSC, MPSC, APPSC, TSPSC, SI, Constables etc can refer to the general knowledge questions and answers daily from this series of articles.
Todays GK Current Affairs Quiz 05-11-2019 (Daily) for Banking, UPSC, Railways, RRB NTPC, SSC and All Competitive Exams
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 04th November 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 02nd October 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 01st October 2019
- GK Current Affairs Quiz 31st October 2019
Q. On October 31, 2019, the 5th edition of International Conference on ROADTECH 2019 was held in _______.
(e) New Delhi
Answer: (e) New Delhi
* The 5th edition of International Conference on ROADTECH 2019 was held in New Delhi on 31st October 2019.
* It was organized by industry body ASSOCHAM India (Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India).
* Union Minister of State for Road Transport V.K. Singh addressed the meeting.
* The main objective of the conference is to to pool suggestions & solutions from all stakeholders and to cooperate between the road infrastructure stakeholders and the Government.
* During the conference the minister highlighted that in the last five years great amount of works have been done in the field of infrastructure and in future much more will be done.
* He urged to the industry body to find the unique way to monetize the road projects in an environment friendly manner.
Q. Which of the following institutions has organized the third edition of the Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 on October 30 and 31, 2019 at Kochi, Kerala?
(a) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
(b) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)
(c) Indian Medical Association (IMA)
(d) Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
(e) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS)
Answer: (a) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
* The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) organized the third edition of Global Ayurveda Summit 2019 on October 30 and 31, 2019 at Kochi, Kerala.
* As many as 400 industry leaders and delegates from SAARC, GCC and African countries have participated in summit.
* The theme of summit was “Mainstreaming Ayurveda through Startups, Innovation and Branding”.
* The summit was inaugurated by the Kerala Governor Arif Mohammed Khan.
Q. Who among the following has been included in a 10-member athlete ambassadors’ group by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to will represent boxers in the build-up to Tokyo Olympics 2020?
(a) Vijender Singh
(b) MC Mary Kom
(c) Laishram Sarita Devi
(d) Amit Panghal
(e) Shiva Thapa
Answer: (b) MC Mary Kom
* Six-time boxing world champion M. C. Mary Kom has been included in a 10-member athlete ambassadors’ group by the International Olympic Committee (IOC).
* The group will represent boxers in the build-up to next year’s Tokyo Olympics (Tokyo Olympic 2020).
* M. C. Mary Kom will represent the Asian bloc in boxing’s athlete ambassadors’ group.
* The group will also comprise Ukrainian legend Vasyl Lamachenko (Europe), a two-time Olympic and world gold-medallist and five-time world champion and 2016 Olympic gold-winner Julio Cesar La Cruz (Americas).
Q. Which of the following banks has partnered with Srei Equipment Finance Ltd (SEFL) to provide loans to MSME and retail sector customers?
(a) Canara Bank
(b) Union Bank of India
(c) Punjab National Bank
(d) United Bank of India
(e) Bank of India
Answer: (d) United Bank of India
* Srei Equipment Finance Ltd, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Srei Infrastructure Finance, has partnered with the United Bank of India (UBI) to offer loans to the MSME sector and retail customers under a co-lending arrangement.
* The NBFC and the bank jointly organised Loan Utsavs across 20 cities. These loan melas were held many cities including Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Ranchi, Patna, Vijaywada, Chandigarh, Lucknow and Bhopal.
* Loans were offered to the MSME sector and other retail customers against purchase of construction equipment. The also offered different EMI options for these loans.
* According to a release, loan to value of up to 90 per cent of the equipment were offered for tenure of up to 5 years, while a moratorium of 30-60 days was also awarded depending on the loan structure and size.
Q. N. Venkatachala, a former judge of the Supreme Court passed away recently, he was former Lokayukta of which state?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
Answer: (b) Karnataka
* N. Venkatachala, a former judge of the Supreme Court and former Lokayukta of Karnataka passed away.
* Venkatachala was known for bringing to light the existence of Karnataka’s autonomous anti-corruption wing as the Lokayukta by conducting raids on public servants and disclosing their names and particulars of seized assets.
* He also functioned as the head of Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Tribunal under the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967, during 1990.
* He was Lokayukta from July 3, 2001, to July 2, 2006.
Q. The odd-even rule was implemented in New Delhi from which date?
(a) November 5th
(b) November 4th
(c) November 3rd
(d) November 1st
Answer: (b) November 4th
Explanation: The odd-even rule was implemented in Delhi from November 4, 2019. Under the rule, cars with odd and even numbers will only be able to ply on the roads alternatively.
Q. Which among the following states has not been blamed for crop stubble burning, which has majorly caused air pollution in Delhi-NCR?
(c) Uttar Pradesh
Answer: (d) Rajasthan
Explanation: The Supreme Court asked the states of Punjab, Haryana, and UP to explain why they should not be asked to pay compensation on the principle of polluter pays, given that they have failed to prevent stubble burning.
Q. Which among the following PoK districts has not been included in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in India’s new political map?
(c) Jhelum Valley
Answer: (c) Jhelum Valley
Explanation: The newly released political map of India shows three districts of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) – Muzaffarabad, Mirpur and Punch as a part of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan as a part of Ladakh.
Q. The new union territory of Ladakh has how many districts?
Answer: (a) Two
Explanation: The new Union Territory of Ladakh includes two districts Kargil and Leh. Kargil has been carved of Leh and Ladakh district, while Leh includes the districts of Gilgit, Gilgit Wazarat, Chilhas, Tribal Territory and remaining areas of Leh and Ladakh.
Q. How many agreements were signed between India and Uzbekistan for military cooperation?
Answer: (b) Three
Explanation: India and Uzbekistan have signed three agreements to enhance military ties in the field of military medicine and military education, training and capacity building.
Q. Who has directed Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and UP to ensure there are no power cuts in the states?
(c) Delhi HC
(d) Supreme Court
Answer: (d) Supreme Court
Explanation: The Supreme Court has directed Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and UP to ensure no power cuts take place in the states so that no diesel generators are used.
Q. Which country won the Rugby World Cup 2019?
(c) South Africa
Answer: (c) South Africa
Explanation: South Africa defeated England to win the Rugby World Cup on November 3, 2019. South Africa has claimed the cup for the first time since 2007. They have now become the second team after New Zealand to win three World Cup titles.
Q. Which city is hosting the National Tribal festival?
(c) New Delhi
Answer: (c) New Delhi
Explanation: The 15-day long National Tribal festival will be hosted by New Delhi from November 16, 2019. The festival’s 2019 theme is celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce.
Q. 35th ASAEAN Summit 2019 was held in which city?
(a) Jakarta, Indonesia
(b) Bangkok, Thailand
(c) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
(d) Hanoi, Vietnam
(e) Manila, Philippines
Answer: (b) Bangkok, Thailand
* On October 31st, 2019, the 35th ASEAN Summit began in Bangkok, Thailand. The summit will continue till November 4, 2019.
* Thailand Prime Minister Prayut Chan -o-Cha inaugurated this summit at IMPACT convention complex.
* The theme of the summit is ‘Advancing Partnership for sustainability’.
* Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend this summit on November 3rd and 4th.
* Apart from leaders of 10 ASEAN countries head of Eight dialogue partner countries including India, USA China, Japan, Republic of Korea, Australia and New Zealand are also participating in the summit.
Q. What was the theme of the National Symposium to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis held in New Delhi on October 30, 2019?
(a) “Unite for Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
(b) “United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
(c) “Come together to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
(d) “We are together to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
(e) None of the above
Answer: (b) “United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”
Union minister of Health & Family Welfare (HWF), Science and technology and earth sciences, Shri Harsh Vardhan inaugurated the National symposium to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis in New Delhi.
* The theme of the symposium was “United to Eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis”.
* During the symposium, Dr. Harsh Vardhan signed a ‘Call to Action to eliminate Lymphatic Filariasis by 2021’.
* 14th edition of National Health Profile (NHP) was also released by health minister during the event.
* The NHP which covered comprehensive information on demographic, socio-economic health status, health finance indicators, health infrastructure in the nation, was prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI).
* The first edition of NHP was released in 2005.
Q. On November 1 and 2, 2019, two-day meeting of the council of heads of government (CHG) of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held in _______.
(a) Beijing, China
(b) Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
(c) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
(d) Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
(e) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Answer: (c) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
* Th two-day meeting of the council of heads of government (CHG) of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan on November 1-2.
Q. Who among the following has won the presidential election in Argentina?
(a) Cristina Kirchner
(b) Alberto Fernandez
(c) Mauricio Macri
(d) Nicolas del Cano
(e) Roberto Lavagna
Answer: (b) Alberto Fernandez
* Argentina’s left-leaning candidate Alberto Fernandez won the presidential election in the first round bringing to an end the crisis-plagued rule of market-friendly incumbent Mauricio Macri.
* Fernandez, a 60-year-old law professor, got 47.36 per cent votes crossing the threshold for outright victory.
* His win also caps a remarkable political comeback for ex-president Cristina Kirchner, who will be the vice-president.
Q. On 29th October 2019, Saad Hariri resigns as the Prime Minister of which country?
Answer: (c) Lebanon
* Lebanon Prime Minister Saad Hariri on October 29, 2019, announced resignation from the post amid a wave of protests against his government.
* He resigned bowing to one of the central demands of anti-government demonstrators shortly after baton-wielding Hezbollah supporters rampaged through the main protest camp in Beirut.