CBSE Board Exam 2020 would begin from February 15, 2020. As per the information, CBSE 10th 12th Board Exam 2020 would begin from February 15 – with these few changes planned in the date sheet. (Report).
Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE would be conducting the CBSE 10th 12th Board Examination 2020 from February 15, 2020. From 2019, the board had shifted the date of examination from March 1 to February 15 in order to manage the timelines of the university admissions. This year too CBSE would be making a significant change in the Board Examination date sheet.
As per the information shared by the officials, CBSE Board Exam 2020 date sheet would begin with the main examinations, and not from the vocational subjects. It is important to note that in 2019 because CBSE was shifting the start of the examination for the first time, it had proposed to start with the vocational subjects. This special provision, however, would not be continued from the next year.
In other words, if English Core has the maximum number of students, then the first examination would be of English and then so on. Also, the vocational subject examination would be shifted to later days, as was the norm before 2019 exams.
Sources have also shared that the draft CBSE Board Exam date sheet was ready with the board before the LOC or application form process started. The board is now in the process of tallying the data and expected to release the time table soon.
|CBSE Date Sheet 2020||Important Dates|
|Availability Of Time Table||Nov 2019|
|Exam Dates||Feb 15 2020|
|Availability of Time Table||Nov 2019|
|Exam Dates||Feb 15 2020|
Generally, CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 subjects are divided into two parts – Practical and Theory exam. CBSE Practical Exam is popularly known as internal assessment and whereas the theory exam is called as an external assessment or main examination.
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 12
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers Class 10
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers Class 12
CBSE Practical Exam Dates 2020
As per the various sources, the CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 Practical exam are expected to begin in the month of December 2019. It is to be noted that the CBSE Practical exam date will be decided by the school officials. The officials of CBSE will provide the time period within which the school officials should conduct the CBSE Practical board examination. So before getting into the details of CBSE Practical Exam 2020, let’s have an overview of important dates:
|CBSE Practical Exam||December 2019|
|CBSE Theory Exam||15th February 2019|
What Are the New Changes in CBSE Practical Exam 2020?
The changes in CBSE Practical Board examination are given below:
- The CBSE Practical exams will be conducted at the external exam centres which will be similar to that of theory exam centres.
- Ranveer Singh, the regional director of CBSE Deharadun Zone said the board is working on new CBSE Practical Exam marking scheme if the CBSE Practical Board exam is conducted at external exam centres.
- The officials will release a separate admit card for CBSE Practical Exam if the exam is conducted externally.
- However, there is no confirmation made about conducting the CBSE Practical exam externally.
In all likelihood, CBSE 10th 12th Board Examination 2020 practical examinations would be conducted between January 10 to February 10. As for the main or theory examinations, they are scheduled to begin from third week of February or February 15.
- Most Important MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science with Solutions for 2020 Board Exam
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10 and 12 Last 10 Years
- CBSE Class 10 Mid Term Exam Question Papers and Sample Papers
CBSE Practical Exam Syllabus For Class 10 PDF
For CBSE Class 10, there are three main subjects – Maths, Science and Social Science. All the main subjects broke into two parts viz., Internal Assesment = 20 marks and External Assesment = 80 marks. In CBSE Class 10, only for the subject of Science practical examination is conducted.
Since the CBSE Class 10 Practical exam is held only for 20 marks, the officials will not allocate any external examiners to invigilate the practical exam. The school officials will be allocated as the invigilator to for CBSE Class 10 Practical exam.
Preparation Tips For CBSE Practical Exam 2020 (Class 10 and Class 12)
The preparation tips for CBSE Practical exam are listed below:
- Candidates are advised to go through each and every theorem and principle before performing an experiment to understand the concept easily.
- Students are advised to revise the practical experiments and lab manual often.
- Exercising diagrams will help students to visualize and prepare better for the practical exam.
- Candidates are advised to remain calm while performing the experiment or activity which in turn gives the best result
- Before performing an experiment clear the doubts then and there only with your teachers.
- Students must note the important viva questions must be noted and revised properly before the exam.
How to check CBSE Class 10th, 12th Board Exam 2020 datesheet:
- Log on to the official website of CBSE
- On the homepage, search for the link which says ‘CBSE Class 10th Board Exam 2020 datesheet’ or ‘CBSE Class 12th Board Exam 2020 datesheet’
- Check the examination date and other details
- Download it and take print out of the same for future reference.
Practice MCQ Questions for Class 10 Maths With Answers for 2020 Board Exams.
CBSE Class 10 Board Examinations 2020
Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is all set to conduct the 2020 examinations at the national level. Every year more than lakhs of students have appeared for CBSE class 10 board exams. Last year around 27 lakhs students appeared for class 10 board exams. The board has started the examinations from February 15. The same schedule is going to follow this year. Though there is a slight change as this year the board is going to conduct the examinations with the main examinations first not the vocational one.
Along with this, CBSE has also decided to make changes in the pattern of the question paper for class 10 students. Now from 2020, CBSE class 10 board exam consists of the practical for all the subjects of 20 marks each. Furthermore, there would be more objective type questions. The descriptive questions of five to eight marks going to be reduced from the paper. This increases the internal choice in the paper by 33%.
CBSE Class 12 Board Examinations 2020
CBSE class 12 Examinations 2020 going to conduct in the month of February. Before this, the board plans to conduct the parctical exams in the month of December. Last year the board has conducted the class 12th examinations in the month of February. Around 31 lakhs students of class 10th and 12th have appeared for the exams. Out of which around 13 lakh students of class 12th appeared for the board exams last year. However this year too, lakhs of students are going to appear for the exams.
CBSE class 12th students from Science, Commerce, and Arts stream face the change in their examination pattern 2020. The board has included the practical exams in all the subjects. The marking scheme of the practicals differs from marks 20 to 30. Moreover, the question paper of class 12th is going to be more objective type and the descriptive type questions reduce by five to four questions.
CBSE Class 10 Subject List 2020
CBSE class 10 consists of the main five subjects. So, let’s have a look at the list of the subjects given below.
- Social Science
CBSE Class 12 Subject List 2020
Here we have a list of the subjects for class 12 including all the streams- Science, Commerce and Arts.
- Business Studies
- Computer Science (New Syllabus)
- Computer Science (Old Syllabus)
- Engineering Graphics
- Home Science
- Physical Education
- Political Science
CBSE Compartment Examinations 2020
The compartment examination is a second chance provided to the students in order to pass the examinations with the required passing marks. After the evaluation process of the main exams held in the month of Mach CBSE conducts the compartment exams. For this, all those students who receive the status of the compartment in any of the subject appear for it. The marking scheme of the compartment exams is quite different as compared to the main exams.
CBSE Class 10th, 12th Board Results 2019: Details
This year, the board declared the CBSE Class 10 Result 2019 on May 6. As reported, 91.1 percent of students cleared the CBSE Class 10 Board Exam 2019. As compared to the last year, there was an increase in the total pass percentage in CBSE Class 10 Board Exam Result 2019. In CBSE Class 10th results, 13 students got 499/500 marks. As many as 13 students have scores 99.9% in the board examination, 97 students in Top 3 on CBSE Class 10 Results.
Meanwhile, the CBSE Class 12 Results 2019 were announced on May 2. Hansika Shukla and Karishma Arora topped the board with 499 out of 500 marks. Further, 83.4 percent students passed the class 12th examination.
Also, the CBSE Class 10th and 12th Compartment Exams 2019 were held in the month of June and July.
About the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE):
- Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) was founded on November 3, 1962. It’s headquartered at Preet Vihar, New Delhi
- Its primary function includes preparing academic programmes and organizing examinations, especially for Class 10 and Class 12 students.