CBSE Aryabhata Ganit Challenge for Class 8, 9 and 10th students – Check here for Eligibility, Fees, Exam Pattern, Test Duration, Total Marks, Selection Process, Syllabus, Last Date to Apply and Exam Dates.
Conducting Body: Central Board of Secondary Examination
Aryabhata Ganit Challenge: The ability to reason logically and present arguments in honest and convincing ways is a skill that is becoming increasingly important in today’s world. In mathematics, students learn that, with proper reasoning and assumptions, they can arrive at results that they can fully trust to be true in a wide variety of real-life contexts. While applying mathematics in daily life students develop the competencies required for mathematisation. During the process of mathematisation students recognize and identify opportunities to use mathematics and then provide mathematical structure to a problem presented in some contextualized form. It is important that students apply mathematical concepts, facts, procedures and reasoning to solve mathematically formulated problems to obtain mathematical conclusions. Students should also be able to reflect upon mathematical solutions, results or conclusions and interpret them in the context of the real-life problem.
To promote above mentioned competencies among students through joyful assessment, a Ganit Challenge is being conducted by CBSE. The Computer Based Test will mainly focus on the extent to which children are able to apply mathematics to their daily life. The feedback from the performance of the test will help the Board to handhold the schools and children in application of mathematics in daily life. The details of the proposed test are as under:
CBSE Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Eligibility:
First stage: All students of class VIII-X in CBSE affiliated schools.
Second stage: Top three students from each affiliated school registered for the first stage.
CBSE Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Areas of Assessment:
Application of Mathematics in daily life (20 marks )
- Change and relationships
- Space and Shape
- Uncertainty and data
Joy of Mathematics Learning (20 marks)
- History of Mathematics
- Current affairs in Mathematics
- Mathematics all around us
Mathematical ability (20 marks)
- Numerical Ability
- Spatial Ability
- Test duration and total marks:
Test will be of one hour with objective type questions. Total weightage shall be 60 marks and there shall be no negative marks.
Process of conduct of test and Selection :
The test shall be conducted in two stages:
First stage :
- An affiliated school can apply through the link available on cbse.nic.in on or before 15th November 2019 till 5.30 p.m. To avoid last moment rush, schools are advised to register well before the last date. No fees shall be charged for the first stage.
- During the period from 18th to 22nd November 2019 a question paper will be made available to the registered schools with answer keys through the online link.
- The school registered shall conduct the test and identify three top students by administering the test. In case more than three students getting same mark at the top level, a suitable screening test may be conducted by the schools at their own level to identify the top three students.
- Schools shall register the names of these three top students by paying Rs. 900/- fees by logging in through the online link during 18 to 25th November 2019. During this stage, this link can only be accessed by the schools which registered for the test before the last date.
- A computer-based test will be conducted by the board for the top three students registered from each school on 29th November 2019. Only the schools who have completed the first stage shall be eligible for the second stage.
- The detailed modalities of conduct of the test shall be communicated to the schools that register class VIII-X students for the challenge.
- Top 100 students from each CBSE region will be given Merit certificate.
CBSE Aryabhata Ganit Challenge Fees
Fees: There shall be no fees for participating in the first stage. However Rs. 900/- shall be charged for appearing in the challenge for the Final stage. Fees are accepted only through debit card/ Credit Card/ NEFT at the time of registration. Fee once paid shall not be refundable.
Recognition of the schools promoting the challenge: 10 schools from each region with maximum number of student participation in the first stage shall be given an appreciation certificate by the Board.
All schools may encourage their students to participate in Aryabhata Ganit Challenge as it gives an excellent opportunity to identify and nurture Mathematical skills and potential of students. The participation and performance in this challenge may be acknowledged in the portfolio of the students.
For any clarifications you may send an email to email@example.com or call on 01123237780.