Social Studies is often considered to be one of the most dreadful subjects by majority of the students. The simple reason behind this is that the subject does not test the understanding skills of students and is basically based on cramming of facts and answers. Unlike practical subjects like Mathematics, History, Civics and Geography don’t test a student’s problem solving skills or analytical skills. They require scholars to remember the dates, terminology and long answers on various battles and policies.
Bookmark this page to make your preparation easy. Share it with your friends to support us.
- CBSE Class 10 Social Science Map Pointing Map Work Skills
- MCQ Questions for Class 10 Social Science with Answers PDF Download
- CBSE Sample Papers for Class 10 with Answers
- Subject Wise Preparation Tips for Class 10 Board Exams
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Social Science
- CBSE Notes for Class 10 Social Science
- NCERT Extra Questions for Class 10 Social Science
- CBSE Previous Year Question Papers for Class 10
- Social Science Class 10 Important Questions with Answers CBSE
- CBSE Syllabus for Class 10
- CBSE Exam Pattern
- NCERT Books for Class 10
It is comparatively easy to score good marks in the short questions, but those sitting for the CBSE board exam must work hard to score well in the long questions as well. Listed below are certain tips which can help you fetch excellent scores in the monster called social studies!
- In order to gain expertise in subjects like history, civics and geography, it is necessary to be clear about the facts. Remembering all the facts is undoubtedly a tedious task but preparing separate notes for each chapter can prove fruitful.
- Whenever you go through a chapter, prepare notes for it. Revising these notes every next morning can help in better retention of facts.
- Besides mugging up the facts, it is also important to have good writing skills in order to get good marks in lengthy questions.
- Connecting the historical events to real life experiences can prove beneficial. Try to relate the dates of battle to some dates of your life, say if some battle happened in 1887 and you are born in 1987, then just remember that it happened 100 years before your birth. This way you won’t ever get confused with the dates.
- Retaining some of the vital terms can help you score better in class 10 exam. Though this is not necessary but this is where you can score better.
- Though crammers are most successful in this domain but understanding can also prove to be beneficial. Instead of mugging up try to understand what happened after what in a battle.
- As far as lengthy answers are concerned, students should try to learn them in points. This will not only save time but will also help in better retention of facts.
- Referring CBSE class 10 sample papers is imperative. They help in getting acquainted with the trend of questions asked in the exam. Practicing mock tests also helps in keeping a check on speed and the writing skills.
- While sitting for the CBSE class 10 exam, it is important to go through the question paper once in order to get an idea about the level of questions. But students must not get panicky on going through the paper. Begin with the short answers first and then move on to the lengthy ones.
- In case you forget some answer in between, try to recall all the related events. If you still can’t remember leave some space for the answer but don’t waste your time. It has often been witnessed that moving on to another questions can help you recall the facts.
- Revision is extremely important. However lengthy the paper may be try to take out some time for revision. Revision can help you in filling up the missing dates or facts.
- Highlighting the headings and important points can prove to be fruitful. The highlighted text grabs the attention of the examiner and majority of the examiners then don’t bother to go through the whole text. In such cases, apt heading and highlighted points can fetch you prefect scores.
- Maintaining a good speed is of utmost importance so that you able to attempt the entire paper.
Instead of using the textbook and reading notes, try to make use of these study tools like flashcards, colorful charts, timelines, and funny mnemonics to understand the concepts easily. Follow the below given simple steps and prepare for the CBSE Class 10 Social Science thoroughly & score better marks compared to your friends. Tap here and know more info about CBSE Social science test pattern & tips for preparation.
CBSE Class 10 Exam Pattern 2020 for Social Science Subject
|Name of the Section||Section Description||Number of Questions||Marks Per Question|
|Section A||Very Short Answer Type Questions||20||1 Mark|
|Section B||Short Answer Type Questions||7||3 Marks|
|Section C||Long Answer Type Questions||5||5 Marks|
|Section D||Map-Based Questions||2||6 Marks|
Steps to Prepare & Memorize Class 10 Social Science Topics ?
- Keep notes of significant dates and timelines which are summarized in every chapter that include in the syllabus.
- For better understanding, read the whole concept like a story and memorize every date and year as character names. It aids you to retain more information in your brain.
- Practice NCERT Books of CBSE Class 10 Social Science and jot down the important questions and concepts for preparation.
- Moreover, solve daily as many sample papers as you can along with previous year question papers and get a grip on the repeated questions and new concepts of the syllabus.
- Also, make a note of what questions are having more weightage and how much content should be covered to score maximum marks for each question.
These are some of the suggestions that can help you in acing the monster called social studies with ease. Just follow these tips and fetch good marks in your class 10 social studies paper.
All the best!