Understanding And Tackling Indigestion
Indigestion or dyspepsia is an ache or sickness in the stomach associated with difficulty in digesting food. It usually occurs when individuals consume a lot of food at a fast pace. It also happens when they consume non- stomach friendly foods. The non-food related issues like irregular sleep or lack of proper rest or smoking and alcohol consumption could lead to indigestion.
- Inflammation in the gut or abdomen
- Pain in the Abdomen
- Feeling like an inflate balloon
- Gas and burping
- Squeamishness and retching
- Acidic aftertaste
- Rumbling in the stomach
- Individuals often suffer from heartburn when experiencing indigestion.
- Heartburn Is a fire like feeling in the chest.
- The heartburn may be indicative of another underlying issue or problem.
Indigestion is one of the basic problems which almost every individual faces on a regular basis due to a sedentary lifestyle and bad food habits. An irregular sleeping pattern is also one of the basic factors that leads to indigestion. It must also be known that diet plays a major role in controlling gastric issues and improving gut flora, lowering blood pH, as the pH of the blood becomes acidic.
- Drink three-four litres of water. Prepare flavoured water like mint and cucumber water, mint or lemon or just mint water and have it two- three times a day daily.
- It is good to drink herbal teas like mint tea or tulsi tea without sugar and milk for its cooling effect and avoid regular tea and coffee.
- Have one glass of thin buttermilk daily with one teaspoon of chia or sabjaa seeds.
- Avoid spicy oily food and heat- generating foodslike papaya, nuts, chicken, fish, eggs, red meat Also avoid heavy pulses like chickpeas. channadal, rajmah and heavy oils like soybean oil, peanut oil, and mustard oil.
- Include lots of fresh fruits, raw salads and alkaline foods in your daily diet.
- Include pre-biotics like yogurt and sprouts in your diet to get healthy gut flora.
- Aloevera aids in digestion, hence it should be included in your regular diet.
- In severe gastritis problems, drink cold milk with sugar.
- Include seeds like chia or sabjaa in your regular water.
- Get involved in some good physical activity or exercise daity for 30 minutes.
- Sleep for a total of eighthours.
- It is better to treat gastritis in a healthy and natural way.