Treating Tonsillitis With Homeopathy
Tonsils are the guards of the body and help fight infections. They are the collection of lymphoid tissue situated at the back of the throat above and below the tongue. Tonsillitis is a condition where the tonsils get infected and inflamed. When bacteria and viruses invade the tonsils, the result is an infection and inflammation or swelling of the tonsils. Among viral and bacterial tonsillitis, the viral infection is more commonly prevalent. Tonsillitis is also a defence mechanism of the body whereby, the tonsils fight off the viruses and bacteria when they become infected.
Causes of Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis is generally caused by viruses or bacteria. The most common mode of transmission of these is via person to person due to social contact such as when one comes in contact with the droplets in the air as a result of sneezing and coughing.
Signs And Symptoms
- Sore throat.
- Red and inflamed tonsils.
- White patches on tonsils.
- Abdominal pain.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Pain on swallowing.
- Cold with sneezing.
- Itchy eyes.
- Tenderness in the glands of the neck.
- Ear pain
Homeopathy And Tonsillitis
- Homoeopathy oilers very good treatments for tonsillitis.
- Homoeopathic medicines are safe and non-toxic.
- They have preventive as well as therapeutic use as they reduce the frequency and intensity of repeated infections.
- Homoeopathic medicines not only reduce the size of the tonsils in chronic tonsillitis but also treat the acute attack remarkably well, especially in children.
- They help in enhancing the immunity of the body, especially in children.
- Prevents the surgical removal of tonsils. It is suggested that parents should continue the use of homoeopathic medicines for their children even when they have no symptoms so that the long term treatment will prevent and control repeated attacks.
- Homoeopathic treatment is gentle and easily palatable to children.
- The cooperation of parents play a very important role in the treatment of acute episodes of tonsillitis. It is often noticed that due to the parents anxiety, physicians are forced to administer heavy doses of medication. This affects the general condition of the child, his/her appetite and also makes the child weak and lethargic.
- A qualified homoeopath assesses the physical condition of the patient during an attack and advises medication accordingly.
- The most commonly used medicines for this condition are belladonna, baryta carb, mercurius, ycoopodium and phytolacca.
- Take proper rest and avoid taking heavy medication,
- Drink warm water and nourishing drinks.
- Do warm salt water gargles.
- Wash hands frequently to prevent the spread of the virus or bacteria that causes tonsillitis.
- Avoid prolonged contact with people who are sick.