Importance of Oral Hygiene in Daily Life and at your Work Space
Oral hygiene is important and needs care ail through the day and not just in the mornings. This implies that a person should dedicate adequate amount of time and attention to his! her oral hygiene even at the workplace. You wouldnt want to ruin your chances of getting a promotion or your chance of cracking an important deal, just because of a shred of lettuce, or a twig of coriander stuck to your teeth or the most common and perhaps the most awful, due to onion breath.
Spread the word about the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene to your colleagues at work
Oral Hygiene Tips
- Wash your mouth thoroughly after every meal using either a mouthwash or water.
- Always floss your teeth or even brush them after a rather heavy meal to clean the area between the teeth.
- If possible, brush your teeth at least once a day during working hours.
- If you have eaten a heavily garnished meal, use a mouth freshener or gum.
- Try not to consume sweets or sugary treats or eat them as part of your meal.
- Add vegetables and fruits to your diet and munch on them whenever you have cravings for sweets. The natural fibre in them with make you feel full and they also act as cleansers for your teeth.
- Eating cheese after a meal reduces the risk of cavities as it increases the flow of saliva in the mouth, thus cleaning the mouth from residual sugars.
- Sugarless chewing gums are the perfect option when you have no time to brush your teeth during a busy work day. Chewing gums with xylitol also help increase saliva flow and reduces the formation of cavities.
- Caffeinated drinks like coffee and tea leave marks on your teeth. Reduce their intake to avoid getting avoidable stains on the teeth,
- Spread the word about the importance of maintaining good oral hygiene to your colleagues at work.
- People usually have a heavy lunch so it is very important to brush the teeth or use a mouthwash or chew gum after eating.