How Pilates Can Benefit Your Body
“These exercises require absolute attention in terms of monitoring breath, proper form, correct alignment and balanced muscle control to decrease pain, increase vitality and optimize physical performances”
Benefits Body Mind And Spirit
The physical fitness system Pilates was invented by Joseph Pilates in the early 20th century with the aim to increase flexibility, strengthen the muscles and enhance the overall well-being of individuals. This type of training is focused on keeping the body and mind engaged through exercises that stimulate not just your physical body but your mind and spirit as well.
Need For Absolute Attention
Also, Pilates can be practiced on an exercise mat as well as with specially designed equipment. However, these exercises require absolute attention in terms of monitoring breath, proper form, correct alignment and balanced muscle control to decrease pain, increase vitality and optimize physical performances.
Types And Varieties
Pilates has many types and varieties and the different varieties of Pilates you can try are Chair Pilates, Reformer Pilates, Mat Pilates, Motr Pilates, and more! The different types of Pilates strengthen different parts of the body like the posterior shoulder, torso, hips, legs and much more.
Benefits Of Pilates
Exercises in Pilates are deemed safe and appropriate for those aged ten to hundred, as it is a low impact program. Its benefits are as follows:
- Helps improve lung capacity and blood circulation
- Increases coordination, both muscular and mental
- Stresses on the importance of pelvic and spinal alignment, developing a strong core and breathing, balance and coordination
- Works towards bone density and joint health improvement
Two Easy To Do Workouts For Overall Fitness
- Method : Lie prone on a mat with your arms reaching overhead and legs straight.
- Movement : Lift your arms, legs and chest. Alternately flutter your arms and legs. Keep your torso steady as your arms and legs move. Don’t rock your hips from side to side. Keep your neck long and shoulders away from your ears.
- Benefits : It strengthens your back and hip extensors. It also improves pelvic stability.
Single Leg Stretch
- Method : Lie flat on a mat facing the ceiling, bend your knees to mimic the position of a table top whereby your shins are parallel to the floor.
- Exhale : Pull your abdominal deep into your spine as you curl your head and shoulders up to the tips of your shoulder blades. Place your left hand on your left ankle and your right hand on the inside of your left knee and extend your other leg out. Keep your leg at a height that allows your lower back to remain stable. Inhale and switch legs.
- Benefits : It develops pelvic stability, core strength and strong abdominals.
All these exercises should be executed under an experienced Pilates trainer, You must also consult an expert/or take your doctor’s advice before starting any fitness routine.