5 Signs You Are In A Healthy Relationship
A healthy relationship can inspire and compliment you, while a toxic relationship has the capacity to drain you of all hope. This is not to say that every fight or disappointment means failure! Relationships are complex and demand emotional investment. Here are five signs of a healthy relationship.
1. You Feel Safe In The Relationship
Feeling safe means that you are able to share your thoughts, opinions, and wishes with your partner, without worrying about being judged. Your flaws don’t need to be hid, because your partner is just fine with them
2. You Do Things Together
They say that a couple that travels/reads/ paints together, stays together! Simply put, it is when a couple is able to share interests, they can support and inspire each other in many ways
3. There Is Sexual Intimacy
One must acknowledge the value of sexual intimacy. It ensures that the partners are comfortable with each other and passionate about each other which further helps in developing a closer bond
4. There IS Space For Individuality
It is essential to retain your individuality which your partner fell for, in the first place! Your individual goals and aspirations are essential to your individual growth and mutual admiration
5. There Is Genuine Communication
Being able to talk about or fight over things mean you’re working on it – that’s progress! It is not the ‘hard feelings’ that hamper the relationship, but the impossibility of expressing/listening to those feelings that does
Tips To Make Your Healthy Relationship Great!
- Always try to show your affection to your partner. Hugging, holding hands and having sex are some ways to show your affection
- Arguments are common in most relationships. However, maintaining respect towards your partner while arguing is important
- Remember that your partner is your first priority and it is the reason why you are in a relation in the first place.
- Always share your thoughts, your hopes and your passion with your partner. Let your partner know who you really are