WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature: The officials of WhatsApp on Thursday launched the much-awaited Disappearing Messages feature, eventually keeping pace with apps like Snapchat and Telegram. This official introduced Whatsapp disappearing messages feature can be available to all its 2-billion users by the end of this month on all WhatsApp-supported devices like Android, iOS, and Linux-based KaiOS devices as well as along with WhatsApp Web and Desktop platforms.
Here we have tried to explain all about this feature along with the detailed steps to enable and disable the new disappearing message feature on WhatsApp chats. If you are looking for clearcut information about the Disappearing message feature then go ahead and check all modules & learn what it is and how it works?
All About Disappearing Messages Feature of WhatsApp
Whatsapp offered a new disappearing message feature that will be rolled out for both individual and group chats. This is not exactly a new feature to some people because applications like Telegram, Signal, Wire, and Snapchat already introduced an option like this to their users. By default, WhatsApp officials set a time limit of seven days to disappear the messages sent to a chat after turning on the disappearing message feature to a particular chat.
The Facebook-owned company stated that the main aim is “to make conversations on WhatsApp feel as close to in-person as possible, which means they shouldn’t have to stick around forever”.
Also, the statement like “That’s why we’re excited to introduce the option to use disappearing messages on WhatsApp. When the ‘disappearing messages’ feature is turned on, new messages sent to a chat will disappear after 7 days, helping the conversation feel lighter and more private,” said the WhatsApp officials in the blog post.
WhatsApp declared the launch of the disappearing message feature on Twitter by saying, “Because not all messages need to stick around forever.” Also, Check out the Twitter post of the WhatsApp new feature launch.
Introducing disappearing messages. Now you can set chats to disappear after 7 days. Because not all messages need to stick around forever. pic.twitter.com/3Ny2mVxSaQ
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) November 5, 2020
Officials explained that “We’re starting with seven days because we think it offers peace of mind that conversations aren’t permanent while remaining practical so you don’t forget what you were chatting about. The shopping list or store address you received a few days ago will be there while you need it, and then disappear after you don’t,”
However, previously WhatsApp had explained how the ‘Disappearing Messages’ will work once enabled, on its FAQ Page. Look at the below section and know exactly what they have described How Disappear Message Feature Works once enabled?
How WhatsApp new Disappearing Features works?
You can send messages that disappear on WhatsApp by allowing disappearing messages. Once turned on, new messages sent in the individual or group chat will disappear in the next seven days. The most up-to-date selection manages all messages in the chat. This feature won’t affect messages you earlier sent or received in the chat. In an individual chat, either user can turn disappearing messages on or off. In a group chat, only group admins can turn disappearing messages on or off.
- If a user doesn’t open WhatsApp in the seven day period, the message will disappear. However, the preview of the message might still be displayed in notifications until WhatsApp is opened.
- If a disappearing message is forwarded to a chat with disappearing messages off, the message won’t disappear in the forwarded chat.
- When you reply to a message, the initial message is quoted. If you reply to a disappearing message, the quoted text might remain in the chat after seven days.
- If a user creates a backup before a message disappears, the disappearing message will be included in the backup. Disappearing messages will be deleted when a user restores from a backup.
Make use of this Whatsapp New Disappearing Message feature with only trusted people. For instance, it’s possible for someone to:
- Copy and save content from the disappearing message before it disappears.
- Forward or take a screenshot of a disappearing message and save it before it disappears.
- Take a photo of a disappearing message with a camera or other device before it disappears.
Media in Disappearing Messages
Default, Media you receive in WhatsApp will automatically download to your photos. In case, disappearing messages are Turned On, then media sent addressed in the chat will leave still it will save on the phone if you keep the auto-download feature turn on. Also, you can turn off the auto-download in WhatsApp Settings > Data and Storage Usage.
How to Enable or Disable WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature?
In this section, you will be going to find the detailed steps on enable & disable the WhatsApp new feature called ‘Disappearing Message’. Just take a look at the below section and
Steps to turn on the Disappearing Messages feature:
- Open your phone and go with WhatsApp App.
- Tap on it and open the WhatsApp chat.
- Now, select one contact name that you want to turn on a disappearing message feature.
- Tap Disappearing messages.
- If prompted, tap CONTINUE.
- Select On.
Steps to turn off the Disappearing Messages feature:
- Once disabled, messages sent in the chat will no longer disappear.
- Open the WhatsApp chat.
- Tap the contact’s name.
- Tap Disappearing messages.
- If prompted, tap CONTINUE.
- Select Off.
An essential point to note here is that once the WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature is on, then there is no option of tailoring the time frame after which the messages will be deleted.
We have tried gathering all about WhatsApp disappearing message and explained here for your help. Have a look at the above sections and know completely about the new feature of WhatsApp before you start using it. If you want to know all updates on WhatsApp Features make a visit to our site Version Weekly frequently.