UPPSC PCS 2019 notification : Around 300 posts including those of deputy superintendent of police (DySP), sub divisional magistrate will be filled through this exam. The exam will also fill up two vacant posts of ACF and 53 vacant posts of RFO.
The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) issued the notification for the Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services (General Recruitment/Special Recruitment) Examination (Preliminary)-2019, commonly known as PCS (Prelims)-2019, late on Wednesday evening. The Assistant Conservator of Forest (ACF) and Regional Forest Officer (RFO) Services Examination-2019 would also be held along with it, informed UPPSC officials. The last date for submission of applications is November 13.
Around 300 posts including those of deputy superintendent of police (DySP), sub divisional magistrate will be filled through this exam. The exam will also fill up two vacant posts of ACF and 53 vacant posts of RFO, they added. The commission has made many changes to the exam this time. Subjects like Arabic, Persian, social work, defence studies and agricultural engineering have been removed from the PCS (Mains). Earlier, the PCS (mains) had 33 subjects but which have now got reduced to 28.
Similarly, earlier, candidates numbering 18 times the vacant posts were declared successful for the mains. This time, candidates no more than 13 times the total vacant posts would be declared eligible for the mains, the notification said.
Even for the interview after the mains, candidates numbering just two times the number of vacant posts will be called instead of the three times in the past. For the first time, EWS candidates would get 10% reservation.
UPPSC PCS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidate must be Graduate from a recognized University or equivalent.
- Educational Qualification: The candidates should have completed Bachelor’s Degree in relevant trade and for teacher/ lecturer posts an additional B.Ed degree is required. Master’s degree in relevant trade is an added bonus.
- Age Limit: The candidates must be between 21-40 years of age (varies for each post).
- Age Relaxation: For SC/ ST – 5 Years, For OBC – 3 years, For PH – 15 years
UPPSC PCS 2019 Pay Scale
- Assistant conservator of Forest: Rs.15600/-to Rs.39100/-, Grade Pay-Rs. 5400/-, (Level- 10 in the pay matrix Group) Group B Gazetted
- Range Forest Officer – Rs.9300/-toRs.34800/-, grade pay–Rs.4800/-, (Level-8 Pay Matrix 47600-151100) Group B, Gazetted
Check Application Procedure for UPPSC PCS 2019
The official website to apply for the post is www.upsc.gov.in . Candidates are required to click on UPPSC PCS 2019 link flashing on the home page. Then, enter all fields in the online application and submit the application by 13 November 2019.
UPPSC 2019 Exam Pattern
UPPSC Exam Pattern is mentioned below which has 3 set of exams:
- Preliminary Exam: Preliminary exam is an objective type examination and the syllabus includes Aptitude Test, General study.
- Mains Exam: Mains exam is a descriptive type exam and the syllabus includes General Hindi, Essay, General Studies-I, General Studies-II.
- Interview: After the candidates cleared the Preliminary Exam and Main Exam will be called for the Face to Face Interview process.
UPPSC Exam Centres
- Locations: The UPPSC will be conducted in the cities and towns all across the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Choice of Location: The candidates have the freedom to choose a convenient location as per the choice.
- Note: The candidates have to be present one hour before in the Exam Centre for verification of documents. Candidates have to carry Admit Card along with one Government Id proof
UPPSC Exam Admit Card
- Availability: The Admit Card will be available online on the official website
- Download: The candidates need to submit their application number, date of birth and security pin to download UPPSC 2020 Admit Card.
- Preserve: The candidate should preserve the Admit Card till the date of admission.