Head Massage And Its Many Benefits
The modem way living puts undue stress on an individual. And too much of stress gives rise to stress related headaches and other health issues. People now have heavy workloads, deadlines in office, pollution and traffic roars which adds to the stress, ultimately leading to a headache at the end of the day. There is a solution to this nagging problem and the best way to get some relief from headaches is indulging yourself with a good head massage.
Continuous headaches give rise to terrible mood swings that affect the people around you and creates a negative atmosphere. Unfortunately, many have gotten used to the pain it as part of life. A head massage is a great technique to bust stress and give instant relief and relaxation from a headache thereby increasing the level consciousness and the flow of energy in the body and mind.
Besides relieving stress a head massage also has numerous health benefits. It can cure sinusitis, insomnia, fatigue and migraine, It also improves the flow of blood throughout the scalp and strengthens the quality of hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles. It even increases the flexibility of the muscles over the neck and shoulder.
How To Get A Good Head Massage
A head massage is a simple procedure. One can do it either by himselMierself or visit a spa, salon or therapists. Mentioned here are some simple tips for a good head massage at home.
- Take an oil of your choice, if it is edible oil like coconut oil or olive oil, then heating the oil will be good.
- Avoid scented oil if you suffer from headaches.
- Make sure that the oil is lukewarm, or it might burn your scalp.
- Find a quiet spot in and around your house and make yourself comfortable.
- Take the oil on your palm and start applying on your scalp and on your hair from bottom to the tips, using your fingertips.
- Make sure that the oil is spread evenly all over your scalp and hair.
- Using your fingertips slowly start rubbing your scalp and make sure that you do not rub it too hard.
- Repeat the process until it generates warmth in your head.
- You can close your eyes and feel the warmth in your head while rubbing your scalp.
- Massage over your forehead and neck to feel more relaxed.
- Feel the vibration generated in your head to de-stress.
- Repeat the process over two to three times.
After the massage you can wash your hair immediately or keep the oil for few hours or even overnight to give the oil more time to penetrate the root and do its essential function. One important point to keep in mind while rubbing the scalp is not to rub it in a frivolous way as ¡t might damage the root of the hair and irritate the scalp. Also, choosing the right oil will always give you the best result, so choose herbal oils which aids relaxation and rejuvenation. People who have oily or sensitive skin can get an oil-free massage with different components such as curd, milk or lemon.
If you feel that you are incapable of giving yourself a head massage there is always an option of visiting a spa, salon or therapist. You can also try the head massage gadgets available in the market.
Benefits Of Head Massage
Anyone who has experienced a good head massage will vouch for the effectiveness of this procedure to relieve tension. It provides immense tranquillity and peace of mind and is also a great means to de-stress. Head massage has numerous health benefits too and these are mentioned below.
- Reduces stress
- It helps to keep your mind and body in harmony
- Improves concentration levels
- Helps improve the circulation of blood in different parts of the head
- Provides instant robot from headache
- Helps give a sound sleep
- Revitalises the brain and body
- Strengthens the roots of yot. hair
- Reduces facial wrinkles
A good head massage is extremely beneficial as it activates the natural healing mechanism in the body and provides immense relaxation by putting the body in an ideal state. Just beneath our scalp, lies a big portion of nerve endings of the entire body which is supremely sensitive. And as we know, the head is the most important part of the body; stress tends to strain the muscles and nerves around the head very easily. So, a proper head massage will result in a healthy, fresh mind that will eventually lead to a happy and contented life.