Eat Right For Glowing Skin
Beauty is the reflection of the overall health of your body. So it doesn’t matter whether you have your favourite cosmetics and make-up by your side, because nourishment from within, is the key to healthy skin. Also, you must believe in the ‘you are what you eat’ mantra while making sure to introduce healthy alterations in your diet, so as to make your skin immune to weather changes.
Healthy Diet Alterations
- Have a diet rich in vitamin E to avoid free radicals which are caused by smoking, pollution, and harsh sunlight. Foods like blue berries, spinach, strawberries, kiwi, eggs, papaya, almonds, and milk are rich sources.
- Snacking on a handful of nuts is healthy as nuts contain healthy fats that help your skin retain elasticity. Vitamin B complex found in the nuts also helps restore skin cells and growth of hair.
- Never underestimate the power of seasonal fruits. Summer brings with it plenty of seasonal fruits like watermelons, lychees, plums, peaches, figs, papaya and guava which can do wonders for your facial skin.
- Include lentils and soups in your diet to make sure your body never runs out of nutrients, regardless of the weather.
- Including vitamin C in your diet helps with healing blemishes. Mango, kiwi, guava, oranges, papaya, kale and lemon should be included in your diet.
- Make sure your food has enough good fats like omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Including walnut, flaxseeds and borage oil in your diet proves beneficial for lustrous skin as it contains plenty of healthy fats.
- Eat a lot of protein as amino acids found in protein sources are essential for detoxification.
- It’s mandatory to stay hydrated by drinking at least six to eight glasses of water a day. Water is also very important to keep your body hydrated; detox water helps replenish your body.
- Saying no to caffeine and alcohol Is necessary as they have adverse effect on your skin and body. Hence, it’s good to switch to decaffeinated products.
- Green smoothies are good to drink during summer as it helps to make the skin clear.
- Remember not to overcook vegetables to keep their nutrients intact. Eat steamed and stir-fried veggies to keep your skin healthy in the humid season.
- It’s necessary to cut down on white sugar and white flour products. Try to avoid white rice and white potatoes. Instead, eat whole grains and multigrain products and sweet potatoes.
- Even if you get lured by roadside food, it’s best to resist these temptations, as it leads to pimples and skin irritations.
To ensure that your skin is beautiful inside out, you need to make healthy lifestyle choices and a great place to start is, with the food you eat.