Healthful And Flavourful Chamomile Tea
As it imbibes the goodness of the chamomile flower, chamomile tea is known for its medicinal and beauty properties. Grown mostly in Rome, Italy and Germany, the flower has a delicate fruity flavour and the tea made from this flower is known to treat insomnia, stomach aches and skin related problems.
Health In A Cup
Heals Cuts And Wounds
It is an ancient belief that chamomile tea can be applied on wounds. It heals cuts and wounds as it has the ability to reduce inflammation with its antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
Calms Muscle Spasms
Research shows that drinking chamomile tea raises levels of urine glycine, an element that calms muscle spasms. It is also considered a good home remedy for menstrual cramps.
Reduces Symptoms Of Diabetes
Those suffering from hyperglycaemia should consume a cup of chamomile tea, daily as it reduces the symptoms.
This tea works wonders on those who suffer from Insomnia because it calms the nervous system and thereby allows better sleep.
Cures Skin Irritations
It has antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties which helps cure skin irritations such as acne, eczema and allergies.
Making Chamomile Tea
- Take one tea bag or one heaped spoonful of dried chamomile flower or chamomile tea
- Boil 250ml of water; add the tea bag or loose tea to your cup. In case if you are using loose tea use a strainer to filter
- Cool the boiled water a little and pour it in a cup. Do not add hot boiling water as it spoils the flavour and aroma
- Let the tea bag or loose tea leaves steep into the water for live to ten minutes so that it gets flavoured
- Remove the tea bag from the cup or strain the tea into another cup it loose tea is used
- Enjoy your perfect cup of chamomile tea
Although chamomile tea has many health benefits, it also has proven side effects. People suffering from ragweed pollen allergy should not drink this tea. It is also not recommended during pregnancy as it has factors that could cause an abortion. It is also not advisable for people who are taking blood thinners, as it contains a substance called coumarin which blood thinner.