Facebook-Owned WhatsApp has now released a new feature for a desktop app. Users who are waiting for the video calls and voice calls feature for ages can catch up with these two new features on their PC or Mac WA App now. Finally, on Thursday, WhatsApp rolls out both voice and video call support for its desktop app version.
In Twitter handle, WhatsApp officials tweeted today with the biggest announcement. Look at the tweet from WhatsApp and enjoy the new features on your desktop app too.
WhatsApp New Calling Feature for Desktop App Rolled Out
Facebook-owned WhatsApp messaging app tweeted, “Sometimes you just need a little more space. Secure and reliable, end-to-end encrypted voice and video calls are now available on our desktop app.”
Now, officially you can enable the new WhatsApp Voice and Video call feature by downloading the desktop app from the link available here.
→ Download WhatsApp Desktop App
Sometimes you just need a little more space. Secure and reliable, end-to-end encrypted voice and video calls are now available on our desktop app. Download now: https://t.co/JCc3rUunoU pic.twitter.com/PgCl76Mn7U
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) March 4, 2021
Also, WhatsApp stated, “Voice and video calls on WhatsApp are end-to-end encrypted, so WhatsApp can’t hear or see them, whether you call from your phone or your computer. We’re starting with one-to-one calls on the WhatsApp desktop app so we make sure we can give you a reliable and high-quality experience. We will be expanding this feature to include group voice and video calls in the future.”
At present, the released new desktop calling feature in WhatsApp is supported on:
- Windows 10 64-bit version 1903 and newer
- macOS 10.13 and newer
Make use of this new desktop WhatsApp calling feature, by following the steps provided below:
How to do Voice Calls & Video Calls using WhatsApp Desktop?
- To make voice calls via WhatsApp desktop, all you need is an active internet connection on your computer and phone.
- Whatsapp requires access to your computer’s microphone or webcam according to your requirement ie., the voice or video calling feature you want to use.
- Also, an audio output device is needed along with a microphone connected to your computer for calls.
- Next, open the individual chat with the contact you’d like to call, click the Voice call icon.
- If you want to use the video call feature on the WhatsApp desktop, Open the chat of the contact you’d like to call and tap on the video call icon.
As of now, the WhatsApp desktop is not supporting group video calls on both PC or Mac devices. The new feature of WhatsApp voice and video calls in the desktop version of the app will endeavor to take on its rival video calling apps like Zoom, Google Meet, etc. For instant and latest WhatsApp updations please visit our site Versionweekly.com frequently or bookmark the site to get the alerts.
Also Check: WhatsApp officially launches ‘Disappearing Messages’ Feature: Check How it Works & How to Enable or Disable?