NEST Scholarship 2020: Every year the SEMCI INDIA conducts the Nationwide Education and Scholarship Test (NEST) in the month of January at their test centers in all major cities in India. The aim of carrying out a series of such periodic tests is to stimulate the interest of students in the pursuit of accurate knowledge and to prepare them for competitive skills such as CAT, GATE, GRE, TOEFL and various other tests for admission to higher education in good institutes as well as for employment in reputable companies. Only bonafide students enrolled in colleges will be eligible for this scholarship for examinations in 2020. Class 12 Science students may also qualify for the NEST I test.
23rd NEST Scholarship 2020
The NEST (National Entrance Screening Test) is a compulsory 5-year Integrated M.Sc. admission test. Basic Science System–Genetics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics–at the National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and Mumbai University–Department of the Center for Atomic Energy Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and CBS are autonomous institutions established in 2007 by the Indian government’s Department of Atomic Energy (DAE).
Both institutes have started with a mandate to provide high-quality training in basic sciences to the staff of outstanding scientists in a lively research environment and to build up a national pool of scientists ready to face up to scientific problems at the frontiers of basic and applied sciences.
The training at these institutes implements a semester-based course framework and a continuous assessment within a versatile and creative educational curriculum that introduces students to early-term study. The deployment of graduate students from NISER and CBS is a testimony to the effectiveness of this program.
NEST Scholarship Overview
|Exam Name||National Entrance Screening Test|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours 30 minutes|
|Test Takers||Approx. 60,000|
NEST Scholarship Dates
|Registration form starts date||Started|
|Last date to pay the application fee||30 September 2019|
|Admit card release date||18 January 2020|
|Exam date||25 January 2020|
|Result Declaration||05 April 2020|
NEST Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the NEST exam should have been finalized as follows:
- Applicants should be a Class XII science pass out from a recognized board in India with a minimum of 60 % aggregate marks. (55 percent of members in the SC/PwD category) Class XII should have passed either in 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates who took part in their Class XII examinations in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants are required to learn a mixture of three subjects – Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics in Classes XI and XII.
NEST 1: The 1st and 2nd-year students of Engineering, MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/BDS, BCA and B.Sc all, 12th Science, Diploma Engineering (only final year students)
NEST 2: The 3rd and 4th-year students of Engineering, MBBS/BHMS/BAMS/BUMS/BDS, BCA, and B.Sc. This includes only computers and IT.
Applicants of the General and OBC categories should be born on or after August 1, 1999, in order to meet the NEST eligibility criteria. The age limit of five years is granted to candidates in the SC/ST/PwD class.
Applicants of the OBC category, the OBC (NCL) certificate should be issued on or after 1 June 2018.
NEST Scholarship Application Form
Applicants can check the details of the NEST Registration 2019 below:
- First, candidates must register with a valid user email ID on the website.
- Applicants will have to fill out their basic details in the next phase.
- After that, an application number will be created for further authentication.
- The scanned images of the signature and the photograph (maximum 100 KB) will be uploaded to the candidate in JPEG format.
- Applicants are informed before the final submission of the application form to verify all the details that have been filled out.
- Pay the fee through the online process.
- Please do not forget to take a printout of the application form for further use.
Direct Link to Fill Application Form (Existing User)
NEST Scholarship Exam Pattern and Exam Syllabus
The choice of applicants for the NEST I/II Senior Scholarship Program will be made on the basis of their results in the National Education and Scholarship Examination – 2020, and it is recommended that applicants scroll down this page to read more about the examination:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|NEST 1- Physics and Chemistry (Class 11th & 12th level) or
NEST 2- Technical Aptitude Test – Choose any one group from A, B, C, D
|Mathematics or Biology (Class 11 & 12 levels)||50||50|
|Verbal Aptitude (English Language)||50||50|
|Logical Thinking (Reasoning)||25||25|
NEST-II students will choose from one group below:
- A = Comp/IT//Elect/Instar;
- B = Mech/Prod/Auto.
- C = Civil/Cons/Arch;
- D = MBBS/BAMS/BHMS/BUMS/BDS
The NEST Scholarship Exam is specifically organized to assess the options, abilities, skills, and interests that are a vital part of the student’s education. NEST grants scholarships to brilliant students from the fields of science, engineering, and medicine, based on merit and performance. Having a scholarship is something that you can be confident of.
NEST has been initiated to develop the learning capability of the candidate. They’re going to win the prize in cash and a lot of praise. The topic, classification, and structure of the exam show similarities to other assessments including MCQs, filling in blanks, and Yes/No questions such as CET, CAT, GATE, GRE, TOEFL, and many more.
NEST Grading of Marks
|Grade A+||From 90% to 100%||From 180 to 200 marks|
|Grade A||80% and below 90%||From 160 to 179 marks|
|Grade B+||70% and below 80%||From 140 to 159 marks|
|Grade B||60% and below 70%||From 120 to 139 marks|
|Grade C+||50% and below 60%||From 100 to 119 marks|
|Grade C||40% and below 50%||From 80 to 99 marks|
NEST Scholarship Amount
Upon qualifying the applicants will earn the following NEST Scholarship Amount by the organization:
- NEST 1: 10 or more Rs. 30,000 scholarships each with Rs. 75,000 to the first rank owner in the class.
- NEST 2: 10 or more scholarships of Rs. 40,000 each with Rs. 1,000,000 to the first rank owner in the class.
NEST Scholarship Registration Fee
- NEST 1: Rs. 600/- if the fees are paid till 30 September 2019. If the fees are paid in October & November than late fees of Rs. 100/- and for December Rs. 200/- is charged.
- NEST 2: Rs. 700/- if the fees are paid till 30 September 2019. If the fees are paid in October & November than late fees of Rs. 100/- and for December Rs. 200/- is charged.
FAQ’s on NEST Scholarship
Who’s supposed to give the NEST test?
Applicants need to take the NEST exam to be accepted to the five-year comprehensive MSc course in basic sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics) provided at NISER and UM-DAE CEBS.
Who is qualified for the NEST exam?
Applicants who have obtained more than 60 percent of the aggregate marks (55 percent for SC/PwD candidates) in their Class 12 exams are eligible to take the NEST exam, provided they have a science stream at the 10 + 2 level. In addition, applicants should be born on or after August 1, 1999 (General and OBC categories) in order to meet the NEST eligibility criteria. The age waiver for five years is extended for members in the SC/ST/PwD class.