Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria details are provided here for the urban and rural people who fall under six distinct categories. These PMAY Eligibility criteria is set by the ministry of housing and urban poverty alleviation and also made clear that prospective candidate should meet the PM Awas Yojna Eligibility to get benefited for this scheme.
PMAY model of Subsidized loans supports EWS/LIG people a lot to construct a residence. Are you looking to apply for this scheme? Then, fulfill the PMAY-CLSS Eligibility Criteria and click on the below link to find complete information about Prime Minister Housing Scheme 2020.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Also Read: All About PMAY-U
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria for Getting Loan Subsidy
To avail of any house or financial support from the government, every candidate should meet the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Eligibility Criteria determined by the PMAY committee. Prospective appellants have been split into six distinct groups. Check the below table for detailed PMAY eligibility criteria under six different income groups.
|Name of the Category||PMAY Eligibility Details|
|Economically Weaker Section (EWS)||People who draw an annual home income below Rs.3 lakh belong to the EWS category. However, an applicant claiming to be from EWS required to provide appropriate proof to the government to discover their claims.|
|Low Income Group (LIG)||People who earn a household annual income from Rs.3 lakh to 6 lakh fall under the LIG category. To get eligible for PMAY-U Scheme, applicants have to provide relevant proof of their economic standing to government.|
|Middle Income Group (MIG-I)||Candidates who earn an annual household income less than Rs.12 lakh fall under the MIG-1 category. They can also avail loans of up to Rs.9 lakh for the construction of a house.|
|Middle Income Group (MIG-II)||Individuals who draw an annual household income between Rs.12 to Rs.18 lakh will come under the MIG-II category of PMAY-CLSS Scheme. However, people can benefit Rs.12 lakh as a loan for purchasing/constructing a residence.|
|Minorities||People honoring from minority groups like SC/ST/OBC will come under minorities. In order to consider these people for PM Awas Yojana 2020 Scheme, they must provide proper caste and income certificates.|
|Women||Women who fall under EWS/LIG categories will be eligible for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana home loan scheme 2020.|
After referring to this table, you will understand whether you are eligible for PMAY-U 2020 Scheme. If you need detailed information for every income group category, have a glance at the below sections. Also, you will find the details of PMAY-CLSS Loan Scheme 2020 Benefits under EWS, LIG, MIG categories.
Also, we have collected the list of leading banks who help applicants to provide loans for purchasing/construction of houses under PMAY-U. Click on the below link and check the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme 2020 Banks List.
Read More: PMAY Scheme List 2020 (Updated)
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban Eligibility Criteria – Income Groups
Check out the complete information about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria for all categories i.e., Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Low Income Group (LIG), and Middle Income Group (MIG-I&II).
PMAY-U Eligibility Criteria for EWS/LIG Category
- A Candidate/family/household should not own a pucca house in India either in his name or any of his family member’s name
- An applicant should not avail of any central/state housing scheme from the government before applying to PMAY Scheme.
- It is mandatory to have One adult female membership in property ownership.
- Property should be co-owned by a female member of the family
- The location of the property needs to come under all legal towns as per the 2011 census and their next planning area.
- An eligible beneficiary family includes husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters to enjoy the benefits of PMAY 2020 Home Loan Scheme.
PradhanMantri Awas Yojana Scheme 2020 Loan Benefits under EWS/LIG
|Household Income (p.a.)||Up to Rs. 3 Lakh||Rs. 3 – 6 Lakh|
|Eligible Loan Amount for Subsidy Calculation||Up to 6 Lakh||Up to 6 Lakh|
|Maximum Subsidy||Rs. 2,67,280||Rs. 2,67,280|
|Maximum Loan Tenure for calculating subsidy amount||20 yrs.||20 yrs.|
|Maximum Dwelling Unit Carpet Area||30 sq. m.||60 sq. m.|
|Discount Rate for NPV Calculation of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%|
|Application of scheme on Existing Home Loans Sanctioned On/After||17-06-2015||17-06-2015|
|Woman Ownership/Co-ownership||Mandatory for a new house. Not mandatory for an existing property||Mandatory for a new house. Not mandatory for an existing property|
Find More: How to Apply PMAY Online?
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Loan Scheme under MIG Category
- A beneficiary should not have a pucca house either in his/her name or in any member of his/her family in any part of the country.
- Also, the applicant shouldn’t avail of any central/state help under any housing scheme ever from the Government of India.
- Adult female membership ownership in the property is mandatory.
- The location of the property must fall under all sanctioned towns as per the 2011 census and or next planning area.
- A beneficiary family includes husband, wife, unmarried sons and/or unmarried daughters. An earning adult member (irrespective of marital status) can be treated as a separate household.
PMAY-CLSS for MIG I&II Categories
|Household Income (p.a.)||Rs. 6 – 12 Lakh||Rs. 12-18 Lakhs|
|Eligible Loan Amount for Subsidy Calculation||Up to Rs. 9 Lakh||Up to Rs. 12 Lakh|
|Maximum Subsidy||Rs. 2,35,068||Rs. 2,30,156|
|Maximum Loan Tenure for calculating subsidy amount||20 years||20 years.|
|Maximum Dwelling Unit Carpet Area||160 sq. mt||200 sq. mt|
|Discount Rate for NPV Calculation of Interest Subsidy||9.00%||9.00%|
|Application of scheme on Existing Home Loans Sanctioned On/After||1-1-2017||1-1-2017|
|Woman Ownership/Co-ownership||Not mandatory||Not mandatory|
|The requirement of NOC from State govt||Not required||Not required|
|House Upgradation||Not Covered||Not Covered|
Eligibility Criteria for PM Awas Yojana Gramin Home Loan Scheme 2019-20
- Minorities and Non – SC/ST rural households in the BPL category
- Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Castes are eligible for PMAY-G Scheme 2020.
- The family of the beneficiary must not own a pucca house in any part of the country.
- Freed bonded workers
- Between Rs. 3 lakh and Rs. 6 lakh per annum will be the income of the beneficiary’s family.
- Widows and next-of-kin to defense personnel/paramilitary forces killed in action (irrespective of their PMAY income criteria), ex-servicemen and retire scheme.
- The family applying for a loan under PMAY Gramin Scheme 2020 must include a husband, wife and child/children that are unmarried.
- Any loan amount above Rs.6 lakh, the interest rate on the additional amount will be as per the market rate.
- The candidate and his family must satisfy the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Income Criteria mandated by this scheme and should belong to either the EWS (Economically Weaker Section), LIG (Lower Income Group), or BPL (Below Poverty Line) category.
Also Read: Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin Online Application Process
To avail subsidy under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Scheme 2020, applicants of Lower Income Group/Economically Weaker Section (EWS/LIG) and Middle Income Group (MIG – I & II) should meet with the above eligibility criteria. If you satisfy the PMAY Scheme Eligibility Criteria, then you can apply for this scheme online/offline.
So, check the process of PM Awas Yojana Online Application Process from this guide and avail a house at a low cost from the government. If you have any doubts while filling the PMAY-U Application Form, leave your questions/queries in the below comment section and we will give you a proper solution as soon as possible.